Friday 29 April 2016

Walks - Sat. April 30 - Wed. May 4

Our only sign of spring this week

Join us on Saturday, at Tim's, at 8:00 am for any distance that suits you. For those training, the distances are as follows:
a) Women’s Half- 18K ( Helen will do that on Sunday with Good Life Race)
b) Margy - 16K for the Niagara Women’s.  Any other interested parties in this race?
Weekday distances are really your choice but 8 K is required for those still training.  

Other weekly walks and locations:
Sunday morning; Running Room on Queen St. E; 8:30 am
Monday evening: Loblaws; 7:00 pm - Ann - join us again, if you are able.
Wednesday evening:  Occasions; 7:00 pm
If interested in day time walks, check with Dawn.

The big day is finally here for those registered in the Good Life half marathon - Sunday is race day. We wish you the very best - do well; make us proud - Libby, Arlene, Helen, Bob, Ruth, Olwyn, Cheryl (and friend). I don't think Jan and Deanna are participating due to injuries - correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone interested in cheering our racers on? Fan support is a great motivator. 

Announcements:  Montreal Rock 'n Roll race - should be a great time with lots of music to motivate the racers. Join us - Fees go up April 30th. And, anyway, Montreal is a great place to visit for a weekend.
Saturday Night Fever routine


17 comments:

Olwyn said...

Where is spring?!? Love the Saturday Night Fever dance ~ I won't be out Saturday morning, as I'll be doing the Goodlife Half on Sunday; thanks for the good wishes. Also wishing for a warm and sunny day ~ will see what Sunday brings!

Libby said...

I'll be out for a short warm up walk tomorrow at 8

Trish said...

Good luck to all the good lifers. Will do some dances to chase away the rain. I will be out for a short and slow 5 or 6 km tomorrow morning. Bringing Dawn with me.

Sharon KJ said...

Good luck to all the walkers on Sunday. Ignore the rain and you'll do just fine. I sincerely hope the weather is ideal. See you in the morning, Barb.

P Dawn said...

Yes, good luck to everyone on Sunday. Will be thump king of you.
And I'll be at Tims tomorrow morning.

Susan said...

See you in the morning at Tim's

Susan

Jan said...

Don't wait for me tomorrow morning. With tax season, Hot Docs, and a family birthday this weekend I am feeling a little overbooked. Hopefully next week will return to normal - whatever that is.

Jan said...

Hope all goes well for the racers on Sunday - I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather.

Helen said...

We'll miss seeing you all at Tim's -- instead, Bob and I will be resting up (and drying out in advance) for Sunday. A little rain dancing might happen. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Post from my phone didn't work yesterday, I'll be out at 8 for 8...see you soon,
Sheila

Good luck to all the racers tomorrow!

Helen said...

Well, yesterday was wet and wild, but we all did it! Congratulations to Cheryl's friend Julie on her first half marathon. What a test of grit!

Bob and I won't be out on Monday -- Hot Docs (and aching muscles). Unfortunately, I have a meeting that might also conflict with Wednesday night (TBD) but I'll post later to confirm or deny.

Looks like another wet week. Sigh.

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight either - I feel like crap! Got a cold and am feeling very sorry for myself ! I won't be out Wednesday either because of Hot Docs.

Should be out on Saturday though before I forget how to walk altogether.

Susan said...

I could walk tonight if anyone is going to be at Loblaws. I'll check back - otherwise I could walk from home.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Lynne and Leverne will walk tonight
L

Susan said...

I'll be there - thanks for letting me know.

Susan

Susan said...

I am unable to walk with you on Wednesday night due to my gruelling Hot Docs schedule. See you on Saturday morning.

Anonymous said...

Anyone walking tonight?
Leverne