Thursday 19 May 2016

Walks - Sat. May 21 - Wed. May 25

Arlene, Elaine & Olwyn - racing last weekend in Toronto

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. The weather promises to be beautiful. There are only a few folks who are still training for spring races - Helen and Olwyn are doing 12K on Saturday for the Women's Half.  Margy needs to do 16K to train for the Niagara Women's race. The rest of us could comfortably aim for at least 10K Saturday - according to Libby.
Sunday mornings some of us meet at 8:30 am at Running Room on Queen St.
Monday - because it is a holiday for most, I suggest meeting at Tim's 2 at 8:30 am - sign in so others know your plans.
Wednesday at Occasions at 7:00 pm. - Signing in helps.

Announcements:  from Ruth & Olwyn:  Women's Race, 10K, Saturday,  June 11 in support of the mental health program at Women's College Hospital. To join the Shore Things team, follow the link below.   Men are welcome to register, though they are not eligible for any prizes. You can register for either the 5K or the 10K race.  There will be Shore Things doing both distances.  
  

To invite team members to join Shore Things please send them the following link: https://www.events.runningroom.com/applications/?raceId=12969&eventId=38727&vrindex=3
In order for them to become a member of your team they will need to supply your team password.
This password is: yes73xat

from Rainer:  It was Cleveland Marathon last weekend.  The race morning started wet from overnight rain … but it had stopped … it was very cold and halfway into the race it started raining again and then the hail started … it was wicked … one of the worst conditions we have ever done a race in … rain mixed in with hail and in May … took most of the competitors by surprise … Although we both came in looking like drowned rats, Margy came in 13th walker, 1st in her age category with a time of 1:22:15, the old boy came in 6th overall walker, 1st in his age category with a 1:15:55 finish time.
Cleveland will be doing their 40th anniversary Marathon weekend next year May 14, 2017. Put it on your calendar it will be a huge event. Would be great to have a lot of walkers in the 10, half and full marathon walker categories. Cleveland is a terrific city with interesting architecture, good hotels, lots of restaurants, brew pubs, friendly locals, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland Indians Baseball, Cavaliers Basketball, a large Runners Expo with lots of vendors and shopping.
from Susan: I will be away for the next few weeks and Helen will be taking over the blog in my absence  - thanks (yet, again) Helen.  Enjoy your walks....see you on June 18th.
Have a great long weekend.
Just ask Sylvia where she was hiking!



20 comments:

Joan said...

I will be at Tims in the morning for at least 10k. See you there.

Jan said...

I'll be out for a short walk tomorrow - no more than 8 - have to be somewhere at 10

Olwyn said...

I'll be at Tim's for a 12k with Helen, and anyone else who wants to do 12k! Looks like a beautiful weekend! Congrats Margy and Rainer on your great 'times'!

P Dawn said...

yes, I'll see you at 8. but will be going with the short walkers. Distance, that is, not height!!

Helen said...

See you at 8 for 12K.

Trish said...

I won't be out this Saturday. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be there tomorrow. 12 K just might be doable. Have to rejuvenate! See you at the bus stop, Barb.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will be out tomorrow, to walk a 6-8 k. Thanks Sharon.

Barb Shand

Ruth said...

I'll be out tomorrow, and am also planning to walk from Tim's 2 on Monday.

My office mate brought in cookies this week - I need to do as much walking as possible!

Ruth

Anonymous said...

See you tomorrow at 8, and 8:30 on Monday at Tim2.

Val

Joan said...

I am considering Tims 2 on Monday. Depends how late i get home fom Niagara tonight. Don't wait for me though.

Trish said...

I will see you all at Tim's 2 in the morning. Bringing Dawn with me.

Anonymous said...

I will be out at Tim's 2 tomorrow morning.

Barb Shand

Sharon KJ said...

Bringing the daughter, the son-in-law, and picking up Barb around 8:15.

SKJ

Helen said...

Bob and I won't be out this morning at Tim's 2 -- late night last night. Happy Victoria Day! See you on Wednesday.

Jan said...

I completely forgot about walking this morning! I was up in time but didn't think of it until after 10- it felt like Sunday today. Hope everyone had a good walk.

Helen said...

I do want to walk on Wednesday evening, but Bob will be returning from a school trip to Ste-Marie Among the Hurons and might not make it back in time. If he doesn't, I'll wait to walk with him. Can confirm closer to walk time.

Anonymous said...

Leverne and Lynne are up for a short , slow walk, preferably on the shady side of the street

Jan said...

EEk time got away from me - I hope to walk - just leaving Dupont station now

Helen said...

Bob's still stuck at school waiting for parent pick-up for the kids. He won't make it home in time to walk at 7 from Occasions -- so he and I will walk from home. I think I only need 5K anyway tonight.