Friday 8 April 2016

Walks - Sat. April 9 - Wed. April 13


 He's a winner - Congrats Rainer

Join us on Saturday, at Tim's at 8:00 am - despite the weather, it is good for us.  Really! 
Any distance is good distance....  For those training, the distances are as follows:
Good Life foks have the longest walk on schedule of 20K this weekend! Weekdays 10 and 10 km.
Toronto Women’s Half- 12K - weekdays 8 and 5 km
Niagara Women’s Half- 16K - weekdays 8 and 6 km
These long distance walks are a challenge so let's get out and support those who are training. 

Weekday walks:  A small day time group meets at Dawn's on Wednesdays - speak to her for further information.
Evening walks at 7:00 pm:  Monday nights at Loblaws; Wednesday night from Occasions. It is getting milder and lighter for our evening walks, so please join us.  

Don't forget to sign in on the blog to let others know your plans.

Best of luck to Olwyn and Sheila in the Spring Roster race in High Park on Saturday. Do “love the hill” at the end! We will be cheering for you.

The Challenge: Kudos this month to Deanna - logging an impressive 170.73 K for March! Well done!!! Please feel free to send Libby your monthly achievements if you are participating in the 1550 challenge!.  Send Susan your 2016 in 2016 accomplishments.  When training for a Half Marathon, those K’ms really add up quickly! If anyone is interested in joining the challenges (we have two on the go), please ask about the "late start" option. We'll make it work for you.

Announcements:  
from Helen:  Check these out: New clip-on lights from Lee Valley Tools:

from Norma:  Rainer came in first in Beaches Spring Sprint 5K walker category. This man is an inspiration, isn't he?  Thanks for the photo, Norma.

from Ruth:  Run for the Toad has a new distance (you can choose 12.5K or 25K) and they have a walking division for both distances.   This is an off-road race, which takes place October 1, 2016 in the Pinehurst Lake Conservation Area, near Paris (Ontario).   Registration includes a great lunch.  Here’s the link for on-line registration.   https://www.onlineregistrations.ca/toad2016/   This race is a great change from walking the city streets - through the forested areas, walking on trails - beautiful.

To those travelling, enjoy and be safe. To those who are recovering from illnesses or injuries, we're thinking of you. 

Brave walkers on the last of our winter morning walks




26 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be there tomorrow morning for a walk of 'my distance,........".
Good luck tomorrow Sheila and
Olwyn.

Susan said...

I will be out on Saturday - not sure on my distance as yet.

Hope to see you then.

Susan

Libby said...

Congrats Rainer...great photo Norma
Ruth, Arlene and I will be walking 20K from Tim's starting at 7:45 am.Please sign in if you wish to join us...I have been ill so it will not be a fast walk!

Olwyn said...

Thanks for the good wishes for the High Park 8k and killer hill; Sheila and I will do you proud! I'm joining Helen and Bob on Sunday morning for our (gulp!) 20k walk for the Goodlife Half; followed by brunch at the Sunset Grill at Coxwell and Danforth; please feel free to join us for either one! We're heading out from Helen and Bob's house at 8:15am, so we should be at the Sunset by about 4pm (just kidding!); by about 11:30am ~

Anonymous said...

Plan to be out Saturday at 8 to do a distance of 8 or 10.

Carol

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow for 8ish - hope it warms up!!

Helen said...

Congratulations, Rainer, as always you do us proud. And good luck to Olwyn and Sheila tomorrow! Bob and I hope to come to Tim's for a warm-up walk of 8K to 10K on Saturday before walking our 20K with Olwyn on Sunday.

Happy healing to Deanna, who's off with an injury!

Sharon KJ said...

I will be out tomorrow. Barb, if you are standing on the corner at our regular time, I shall pick you up. Congratulations to our champion walker(s) who have recently completed a race and the best of luck to the other champion walkers yet to race.
SKJ

Joan said...

I hope to be out for 12k. Excellent Deanna, i envy your stamina. Not coming out Sunday, i get my baby granddaughter for the day, so excited! You will find me at Riverdale farm!

Lou-Ann said...

See you Saturday morning for the shorter distance...good luck you High Park girls and congrats to Rainer!

Ruth said...

I'll be there for 20K.

Congratulations Rainer. Olwyn and Sheila, enjoy Harry's, and Joan, enjoy Riverdale Park.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 8
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I will be out this morning. Thanks Sharon
Barb Shand

Helen said...

Despite the 20K walk yesterday, I'm actually up for a walk on Monday. The schedule says 10K, but I think I'd be more ready for 8K -- so long as the rain holds off. With luck, we can snag a ride with one of our kind drivers. Otherwise, Bob and I will walk from home. Will confirm later.

Susan said...

I plan to walk from Loblaws tonight, assuming others will be there. Will check back later to see who is joining in for the walk. Hope to see you soon.

Susan

Jan said...

I am planning on walking tonight but like Helen, will depend on the rain - just looked at the forecast - says rain starting now until about 9.

Anonymous said...

As there is a chance of rain tonight and I really don't feel like walking, I'm going to stay home and perhaps go around the block with the dog instead.
Lynne

Susan said...

Is there a verdict yet - walk or no walk? I'm okay either way - I notice that mine was the only "glass half full" comment.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Three of us are coming out, Susan.

Susan said...

Great - see you soon.

Jan said...

Don't count on me tonight - trying to finish up some work on audits for clients so will probably be working late.

Susan said...

Sadly at a funeral tonight. See you Sat.

Helen said...

Bob and I need to do 10K tonight. We'll walk to Occasions and back for the extra 2K so that others only need to do 8K. But if no one else is going to Occasions, we'll walk from home. Please let us know where you'll be.

Anonymous said...

Leverne and I will be out this evening, for 6 ish k.
Lynne

Bob said...

OK. Compromising for 8k. H and I will walk to and from Occasions. 6k from there. I have a route planned.