Thursday 31 March 2016

Walks - Sat. April 2 - Wed. April 6

Just to get you in the spirit - It's all about the bling

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. For those training, the distances for this week are as follows:
Good Life:  18 km - weekdays 8 and 10
KW Half and Women’s Half: 16 km - weekdays 8 and 8
Niagara Women’s Half:  14 km - weekdays 6 and 5
Others are encouraged to pick up the pace and/or the distance now that spring is here. 

Announcements: from Libby - There are 16 of us committed to the Montreal Rock and Roll Half September 25th. Any other interested parties-??? The price increases tonight- March 31. For those interested in joining us, please remember there are 42, 21, 10 and 5 K distance - something for everyone. Plus it will be a fun weekend.

from Rainer: April 2 is the annual Beach Spring Sprint 5km race (also has a walking category) starts and ends at the Balmy Beach club.  Sign up is March 30 & 31 at the Beaches Rec centre 6 Williamson Rd from 7:00 to 9:00pm ....
   May 8 is K-W Walking classic ... the only all walker race in Ontario ... this year has a 5km, 10km and half marathon ... entry is discounted till April 1 .... a great event ... our own Robert Pelletier won it the first year they ran the race ....all walkers; no runners .... hope to see more Shore Things this year.

Consider signing up for a race during 2016 - it is a great motivator to get out and do it.

Lastly, just a quick comment that we look forward to seeing some who have been missing in action for any variety of reasons - Great to have you back with us.

I need photos, folks.



24 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

Plan to be there... hope it is not raining!

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tomorrow. Hope to see everyone next week.

SKJ

Susan said...

I will be out Saturday for a short distance only- this is the last day that I have to leave by 9:00 am.

I hope others signed up for races this year - lots to choose from - adds some fun and challenge.

Looking forward to seeing everyone then (and seeing Sharon next week).

Susan

Olwyn said...

I won't be out Saturday, but hope to see everyone next week. April 9 is the High Park run-off, and I know that Sheila is doing it with some friends (also called Sheila!), and we're planning to do a brunch afterwards. Susan, I'll send you some photos this week. Happy walking, all!

Joan said...

I am considering coming out in the morning, I am going out tonight to the 1st Women's Craft Beer Festival so.... I am not promising anything. Susan if I make it I will walk with you cause I am not able to stay late, going to Seedy Saturday in Scarborough afterwards.
Sunday, cannot commit again, big event here Sunday afternoon and might still be vacuuming. Man I hate that job.
Enjoy the weekend if I don't see you.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be doing 18K (or 16K, as we did 17.5K last Saturday -- TBD). We'd love a ride to Tim's, if any of our East York friends are going. No worries, we'll find our own way home.

Anonymous said...

If it is not raining, snowing, sleeting, hailing, thundering or lightening I will be walking in the morning.

Lynne

Charlotte S said...

I plan to be out tomorrow even if winter is back!

Deanna said...

I will be out in the morning for a 16 to 18K.

Lou-Ann said...

Helen, I can pick you and Bob up if you like but I am not going early to do 18k. If that works for you let me know the time I can get you...

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow.

Barb Shand

Helen said...

Thanks, Lou-Ann, I think we'll be getting a ride from Lynne or Leverne -- but I'll know tomorrow morning when the weather declares itself. I'll call you once I hear.

Susan said...

not coming after all for the walk today. Next time for sure.

Susan

Helen said...

This weather is making me crazy! If all the snow melts during the day today, then freezes in the evening, I'm a little concerned about safe footing tonight. Nevertheless, if our usual rides stay home on Monday, Bob and I might walk locally (if we walk at all). Will check in later in the day.

Susan said...

I would be glad to walk tonight - anyone else planning to be at Loblaws at 7:00? I hope so.
Will check back late in the day today - several people are travelling so I'm not sure who is here and willing to walk.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to walk at 7 from Loblaws, Susan. How far are you planning to go?

Carol

Susan said...

Great - let's meet and see how we do and how the conditions are - will determine the distance (for me, at least). See you then.

Jan said...

I hope to be out tonight - like Helen I am a little leery (sp??) of the icy conditions, but I missed Wednesday and Saturday last week so I need the walk.

Anonymous said...

I am planning to go for a short walk with the dog while the sun shines so will not be out this evening at 7.

Lynne

Anonymous said...

I will not be out, I don't trust the footing, it seems too icy.
Leverne

Jan said...

Helen and Bob are going to do 10 from here I think but I'll join you at Loblaws. If it's too icy I may bail early though - once broken twice shy.

Susan said...

You are a good woman - see you there! We'll walk according to the conditions.

Susan said...

Wednesday night is Doc Soup for me so I won't be out tonight.

Will this winter every end????

Helen said...

Doc Soup night for me, too. Had considered walking to the cinema, but not if it's raining.