Friday 15 April 2016

Walks - Sat. April 16 - Wed. April 20, 2016

Olwyn and Sheila - celebrating success

Join us on Saturday, at Tim's at 8:00 am - nice weather is guaranteed. The distance is yours to determine, unless you are training - here is the training schedule for distance:
Good Life:  16 (thank goodness for taper); 10 and 10 km
KW - 20; 10 and 10 km
Toronto Women's:  14; 8 and 10 km
Niagara Women's:  12; 8 and 6 km.
Let's support those training; company on the training walks is most welcome.

Mid week walks - daytime walkers may contact Dawn for the details re: time and dates. Evening walkers are encouraged to meet at 7:00 pm on Monday at Loblaws; Wednesday at Occasions. 

Congrats to Olwyn and Sheila - they completed the 8 k race with killer hill (probably not a politically correct name) in High Park on Saturday. It was a cold, windy day, but once they got moving they warmed up. Both had a good time (1 hr 12 mins) and the sun came out during the race which really made it much more fun. They celebrated with a lovely brunch after with friends of Sheila - a good Saturday morning, indeed.

If this warmer spring weather inspires you to sign up for a race, please let Libby know. A race always provides some motivation to get outside.

For those who are dealing with health or injury, take care - we miss you.
Travelling? be safe and enjoy your trip.

Enjoy Australia and family, Sylvia

18 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be out tomorrow morning. To celebrate, we hope, the end of winter.

Helen said...

Hooray! Looks like our mysteriously malfunctioning email function has decided to function again. Hope you all received the email this week – please comment if you didn't.

Bob and I have 16K on the books for Saturday. See you at the start of it, anyway!

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday for a shorter distance than Helen & Bob. And, I'll definitely be joining in on the celebration to end winter. See you then.

My thanks to Helen for her (literally hours of) work on the technically challenging distribution of the blog.
Susan

Lou-Ann said...

I plan to see you at Tim's Saturday morning.

Trish said...

I unfortunately won't be walking Saturday morning. Maybe coffee. Just can't seem to get healthy. Maybe this lovely spring weather will help. Enjoy your walks everyone!

Anonymous said...

I plan to be at Tim's Saturday morning.

Barb Shand

Joan said...

I will be out for 12k, to celebrate spring and have coffee!!! Yay spring. I will not be able to go out Sunday, sad about this

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be there tomorrow...Don't know how far I will walk though. Will pick you up Barb.

Susan said...

I'll be walking tonight from Loblaws - great weather for a walk and long overdue - please join me.

I'll check back late in the day to see if some of you will be out tonight - Jan, Helen, Bob, Lynne, Leverne, Carol, Kim, Viv, Olwyn - just to name a few

Susan

Helen said...

Sorry, I won't be out Monday or Wednesday this week. Too many irons in the fire. Tonight, Bob has a school event and won't be out either. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight
Leverne

Susan said...

Thanks Leverne - I'll see you then - hope some others will join us too.

Susan

Jan said...

I plan to be out - just leaving Vaughan now.

I need it!!

Helen said...

If you're free on Friday afternoon from 1:30 to 3 pm, you're welcome to come to the Dawes Road Public Library to hear me present on small-space gardening. I'll be the one wearing the Master Gardener badge.

Susan said...

Wednesday night walk - I won't be out tonight - heading to hear our Governor General speak. Beautiful night for a walk - enjoy.

Susan

Jan said...

Is anyone walking tonight?? Bob and Helen aren't going, and Susan isn't - anybody else? I could walk tonight - been stuck inside this lovely sunny day.

Helen and I may walk tomorrow night - forecast is for light rain, but they've been wrong before....

Anonymous said...

I'm up for a not too long walk Jan.
Lynne

Jan said...

ok - meet you at Occasions?? Is Leverne coming out?