Friday 4 March 2016

Walks - Sat. Mar. 5 - Wed. Mar. 9

Lake view - Rosetta McLean

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am (I won't bother with any weather comment this week). For those training, your distances are as follows:
  Good Life- 16 K Saturday with mid-week distances at 8 and 5
  KW Half- 14K Saturday and 6 and 8 during the week
  Women’s Half- 8K Saturday and 8 and 5 during the week
Others have the luxury of picking whatever distance they choose to do. As always, find a friend and enjoy the walk. Please check the comments section of the blog and sign in so others know your plans.

Other options:
Sunday mornings - walk from Running Room on Queen St. at 8:30 am. Was lovely to see Diane there last week - please join us again.
Evenings at 7:00 pm - Monday from Loblaws; Wednesday from Occasions. 

As the weather improves and the days get longer, it is the perfect time to join us for walks - with a minimum of 4 options each week, pick whatever suits your schedule.  We will welcome you back; no questions asked. Was lovely to see Jenny and I hope you'll return soon - I know, I know, life does get in the way....  

Announcements:  from Libby - As race season is fast approaching. Our group is well represented in two events - the Good Life Half in the spring and the Montreal Half in September. Well done all!.
Our new member Vivienne is joining the Toronto Power Walkers on their trip to Reykjavik in Iceland for the Half Marathon August 20th. Any others interested?

We have a few members with health and/or injury problems - we miss you and wish you a full and speedy recovery.

And, I do believe we have a new Grandma of a bouncing baby boy - congratulations, Lou Ann.

Lastly, welcome back to some of our travellers; and Enjoy your trips to a few others who have recently taken off for distance lands.




28 comments:

Olwyn said...

Congrats to granny Lou-Ann ~ how exciting! I'll be out at Tim's at 8 for a (gulp) 16k, for the Goodlife training schedule ~ anyone care to join me?

Deanna said...

I will be walking 16k Saturday morning. Great news Lou-Ann!

Eva said...

Congratulations Grandma Lou-Ann !!! Enjoy the little bundle of joy.
I miss you guys and the walks. I will try to join the walks on the weekends that I will be in Toronto...Greetings from the Sunshine State, Florida.
Cheers,
Eva

Susan said...

I'll be at Tim's on Saturday for a short walk - need to be on my way by 9:00 am - Looking forward to seeing you there.

Susan

P Dawn said...

I'll be at Tims in the morning

Helen said...

Olwyn, I'll be with you for the 16K tomorrow. See you at Tim's.

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tomorrow. Depending on how long I am allowed to have the car, I just might do 16K too.

See in the morning, Barb.

SKJ

Stacey said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning. I figure if I say it now, I'll be more likely to get out of bed in the morning :-0 Congrats Lou-Ann!

Unknown said...

I'll be there tmrw. Not sure how far I'll walk. Congrats to Lou Ann!

Joan said...

I am away at a music camp, have a great weekend of walks. Congrats Granny!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lou Ann! I will be out tomorrow but not sure what distance I will walk. Sylvia

Jan said...

Anybody planning on walking tonight? I hope too, albeit at a slowish rate as my knee is still not great. I would like to go out though as long as it's not raining.

Susan said...

I am not walking tonight - going to hear our Premier speak at an event for International Women's Day (which is tomorrow).
Enjoy your walk tonight and I hope to be out on Wednesday night.

Susan

Jan said...

oops that should be "I hope to"

Helen said...

If no one else is walking from Loblaws on Monday, we "westerners" (relatively speaking) might walk from home. Please speak up soon if you're going to Loblaws... otherwise, hope to see you Wednesday at Occasions.

Kim said...

I will come to Wednesday this week. I am working late tonight so not walking. Looking forward to walking with you again, Jan.

Anonymous said...

I will be walking tonight
Leverne

Jan said...

Actually we won't be out Wednesday - book club Wednesday night - affects Helen and me.

Jan said...

We keep missing each other Kim! Saturday maybe?

Kim said...

Okay, Saturday then.

Susan said...

Hi - Is anyone walking tonight - Wednesday - feels like spring outside - so I hope I'll find a few of you at Occasions at 7:00 pm

Helen said...

Regretfully, I won't be at Occasions tonight. And I also won't be out on Saturday (I'm at Canada Blooms all day). Is anyone interested in walking 12K on Sunday?

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking tonight.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

I'll be missing tonight as well despite ideal conditions. Lots to do to prep for my show Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Sorry should have signed that off.
Bob

Anonymous said...

Did all my distance today, so not coming out tonight
Leverne

Susan said...

It is 6:29 pm now and it appears that no one will be walking from Occasions so I'll stay put and walk from home.

Susan

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.