Thursday 10 March 2016

Walks - Saturday Mar. 12 - Wednesday Mar. 16, 2016


Celebrating Olwyn's birthday

Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am - it is beginning to feel more and more like spring so come and enjoy the great outdoors. Distances are optional except for those training, the distances are as follows:
Good Life Half has an easier 12K this week, a reprieve before ramping up once again. Week day distances should cover 8 and 6 K. 
KW Half walk 16 this week for the long distance; mid week 8 and 5 K. 
Toronto Women’s Half race requires a long distance of 10K this weekend and 6 K twice this week. Niagara Women’s Half now joins the training schedule with 8K this weekend and 8 and 5 during the week.
My, we have a busy group of dedicated racers in our group - very impressive. 

Sunday walks - there will be two different groups walking this Sunday from the Running Room on Queen St. One group will start at  8:30 am and the second group will start at 10:00 am. Join either group if you are able to do so.

It is spring break - if anyone wants to walk during the day (instead of evenings) please post it in the comments section of the blog - you may find people who want to join you.

Mid week walks - Loblaws (Monday); Occasions (Wednesday) both evenings start at 7:00 

Announcements from Rainer K-W Classic is on May 8 ... Margy and I are signed up to do the 10km
Would love to see more Shore Things support this all walker event
check this link:  http://mimiwalks.com/races/


19 comments:

Deanna said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow for a 12k.

Helen said...

Alas, I will miss what is forecast to be a glorious day on Saturday because I'll be indoors at Canada Blooms. If anyone feels up to doing their 12K on Sunday, you might find a taker in me. I don't know how far the Sunday groups walk... let me know.

Jan said...

I'm up for 8ish tomorrow if my knee allows it.

Susan said...

I'll be a Tim's but for a short walk only as I need to leave by 9:00 am.

On Sunday, I will walk from the Running Room at :30 am

Hope to see someone of you both days.

Susan

Sharon KJ said...

I'm in for 12 km. See you in the morning Barb.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tomorrow, sorry to miss such a beautiful day...enjoy!
Sheila

Susan said...

Is anyone walking to-night from Loblaws? I will be there if there is company - I hope see some of you.

Susan

Kim said...

I am not going to make it. Still working.

Helen said...

We're checking in with our "wheels." If we don't hear from them, or if they're busy, Bob and I will walk from home on Monday.

Jan said...

I hope to go out tonight if it's not raining.

Jan said...

Sorry - just realized my comment didn't post (missed the "robot" thing)

Jan said...

Sorry - just realized my comment didn't post (missed the "robot" thing)

Helen said...

Okay, Bob and I will be out for 8K from Loblaws.

Susan said...

Great - see you there and then. Thanks.

Susan

Helen said...

While the radar map and forecast suggest that Wednesday's rain will have passed by walk time, Thursday morning looks like it will be a more pleasant time to walk. As Bob is off this week, we'll be taking our walk then. Let me know if you'd like to join us.

Susan said...

Is anyone walking tonight from Occasions? I'd be happy to join in tonight, now that the rain has passed and the sun is out.

Sorry Helen, I can't walk in the morning.....will be babysitting a little bundle of joy.

Susan

Susan said...

ee

Jan said...

I could walk tonight - can't walk in the morning either but because of work, no bundle of joy (sigh)

Kim said...

Just got home. Not walking again. I am going to rot in hell.