Friday 26 February 2016

Walks - Sat. Feb. 27 - Wed. Mar. 2

Walkers' Delight - Rosetta McLean 

Yes, indeed, Saturday will be warmer so join us at Tim's at 8:00 am for a walk. For those training, the distances are as follows: 
    Good Life folks 14 km; midweek 6 and 6 km; 
    K-W classic folks 12 km; midweek 8 and 6 km.  
And, isn't it nice to notice that March is almost here - time to ramp up our walking distances and speed.

As always, there is a group of walkers who meet Sunday mornings at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen Street - join them if you are able to do so.

Mid week walks have been a challenge, particularly in slippery winter conditions. Let's just say that attendance will likely improve as the weather turns to spring.  Day walks - connect with Dawn if you are available. Evening walks meet at 7:00 pm at Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday). That said, it is Doc Soup night this Wednesday.  If you want to suggest an alternate time and place, please add it to the comments section of the blog.

Announcements:  If you have an announcement, please send it to me by Thursday of each week. This is your blog -  your news goes here ....

Have you found a race that interests you - please let us know.
Bundled up Norma


19 comments:

Deanna said...

I will be at Tim's on Saturday for the 14K but will have to miss Sunday - I have grandchildren staying overnight.

P Dawn said...

I won't be at Tim's at 8.00 tomorrow, but may join you for coffee. I thought Spring was coming, but now I'm not so sure.........

Susan said...

I will be at Tim's on Saturday for a short walk, leaving by 9:00 ish. I plan to walk Sunday too so that I can get some distance in and maybe some hills if my friends are willing.

See you soon.

Susan

Olwyn said...

I hope to be out tomorrow at 8am for a training walk, but don't wait for me if I don't make it in time! How can Norma look great even though she's all bundled up?
A good weekend to all!

Joan said...

I will be at Tim's not sure if i am 12 or 14, see how the wind blows.

Sharon KJ said...

See you tomorrow! Love the photo...the ladies in the front row look so prim & proper. The ladies in the back row look like we are in pain.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will be out tomorrow too for a 6 to 8 km walk.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tomorrow but aim to walk Sunday. Susan I will gladly do some hills just not "those" hills.

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

I'll be in Quebec city for three days, I'll be walking there.
See you all next week,

Val

Anonymous said...

I was glad to have spoken to the three of you in Timmies today. I now know about your group and will try to get out walking. Lynn










Susan said...

Is anyone walking tonight? I'll go as long as I have some company - company is good!

Susan

Helen said...

The wind is really tossing the trees near our place. And it looks like more snow is on its way. Hopefully, not more hail! I think we'll give it a miss tonight. I might walk to the Bloor on Wednesday to make up for it, if anyone is interested in joining me.

Susan said...

I'm inclined to stay in tonight, as well. Weather has really changed in the past hour and it isn't very inviting any more.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Not coming out tonight
Leverne

Kim said...

It's raining so it must be Monday.

Susan said...

Not walking tonight -Wed - Doc Soup night for me.
See you Saturday.

Helen said...

If I'm brave enough and ready on time, I might be walking to Doc Soup. Have a great walk if you're heading to Occasions. See you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I walked today, so won't be out tonight
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I have a sore throat and will not be out this evening.
Lynne