Thursday 18 February 2016

Walks - Sat. Feb. 20 - Wed. Feb. 24

Let's applaud these Brave Souls

This Saturday promises to be more inviting so join us at Tim's at 8:00 am. The distance is whatever suits you, unless you are training. Goodlife Halfers need to walk 12K Saturday and training walks of 8 and 6K this week. Anyone doing KW HALF should be walking 10K this Saturday  and 6 and 6 during the week. So it begins for another season of training and racing and enjoying life while walking the streets! Did that sound right?

Don't forget our mid week walks - Monday at Loblaws at 7:00 pm; Wednesday at Occasions at 7:00 pm. In addition, there are often other meeting spots and times, so be sure to check the blog comments. There is a group of us that walks Sunday morning at 8:30 am at the Running Room on Queen Street. Attendance during the mid week walks is less than ideal but now the days are getting longer and March is almost here so join in.

Rainer - I understand that congratulations are in order, again. You make it look so easy - all these first place finishes - great finish in Sarnia.

For those of you who signed up for one of our challenges - How is it going? Are you on track? Need any help or encouragement?  Let us know.

If you have been missing in action, join us for a walk, a stroll or a coffee. Would be nice to see you again - mentioning no names, of course....

Finally, to all those travelling, enjoy, be safe and hurry home - we miss you. And, our thoughts are with anyone who has been struggling with health issues or injuries. We wish you all the best. Join us as soon as you are able - even just for coffee. 





20 comments:

Olwyn said...

Those are brave souls indeed; hard to tell who's who, they're so bundled up! I may or may not be out Saturday morning, as I'm working late tonight but will get my training walk in at some point over the weekend. Congrats to Rainer on his first place win in Sarnia. A good weekend to all!

Deanna said...

I will be at Tim's Saturday morning.k

Unknown said...

I'll be there Sat.

P Dawn said...

I may join you for coffee tomorrow morning

Susan said...

I be at Tim's for a short walk as I need to be on my way by 9:00 or 9:15.

See you there. BTW, I think spring is in the air.

Susan

Trish said...

Hello, I probably won't be out now until the 12th or 19th of March. Seriously missing the walks and the waste line is starting disappear. Hope for better weather for you all tomorrow.

Sharon KJ said...

See you in the morning. You too, Barb.

SKJ

Helen said...

Hoping to join everyone Saturday. I'm scheduled to do 12K.

Joan said...

I am hoping to be there at 8, has been a long time.

Anonymous said...

See you at 8,

Val

Helen said...

I can't believe how quickly February is hurtling along! Hope to be out at Loblaws on Monday -- but if that doesn't work out, Bob and I will walk from home.

Looks like Wednesday night might be iffy due to a big storm. Depending on how that tracks, I might be convinced to walk earlier on Wednesday. TBD.

Susan said...

I will be at Loblaws tonight - hoping to see you there.

Susan

Helen said...

Looks like Bob won't make it home in time for Loblaws, so I'll stay and walk with him from home. Enjoy!

Susan said...

Anyone else walking tonight? I'll check again at 6:30 - if no one else, I'll walk from home too.

Susan

Kim said...

Sorry, I'm still at work. Can't make it.

Helen said...

It's very unlikely that I will be walking on Wednesday evening -- unless the weather suddenly has a transformation. Depending on the latter, we might walk Thursday evening instead. Stay tuned, and sign in if interested.

Anonymous said...

in case there was any doubt, I will not be walking tonight.
leverne

Susan said...

I am not walking either - I feel totally housebound today - which is not all bad, but ....

Keep safe, warm and dry.

I am unable to walk Thursday night, Helen. I hope some join you assuming the weather cooperates.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Oh what a shame no-one to walk with.....I'd better stay home too.

Lynne

Helen said...

Anyone interested in walking on Thursday evening to make up for yesterday? 6K.