Friday 11 December 2015

Walks - Sat. Dec. 12 - Wed. Dec. 16

Busy Beaver's art work
Join us for another mild Saturday's walk at Tim's at 8:00 am - let's enjoy this weather while we have it. Any distance is good.
 
Mid week walks - if you are interested in day time walks, please connect with Dawn. Would be great if there is a group of regulars for daytime.
Evening walkers meet at 7:00 on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions). Please sign the blog so others know your plans - it really helps.
 
Best of luck to those walking the Santa Shuffle this weekend! Have fun.
 
Announcements: from Eileen - here's an article for those who suffer from arthritic pain - tips for walking:
from Libby:  Harry’s Spring Fling has a new name ‘Race Roster Spring Run-Off’- April 9th in High Park. It appears Alan Brooks is looking for more sponsors!
The GoodLife has 10K and 21K distances. It is a fun race in early May. As Rainer mentioned, KW Walking Classic (May 8) is Canada's only Walker Only race. Registration ($55) now open. Delta Hotel has good room rates if staying Saturday before the race. I know Rainer and Margy have registered.
Races keep us training and active…burning those extra calories we may consume over the holidays! Let Libby know your race interests.
Check those early bird prices.
 
from David: Thought maybe someone would be interested in these:
-2 coupons - for Union Pearson Express, buy 1 get 1 free, valid to end January, 2016.
-1 coupon for Ripley’s Aquarium for 50% off for up to 4 people, valid to end December.
Willing to give to anyone who could use them.
 
 
 
 
 


30 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, I would be happy to take the Ripley's coupon, I really want to visit the Aquarium.
Leverne

P Dawn said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow morning. To those doing the Santa Shuffle, enjoy the continued spring weather. Hope you won't be too hot in your suits....

To the people I won't be seeing tomorrow morning, Happy Christmas and all the very best for 2016. I hope to see you all early in January.

Helen said...

We'll be helping my uncle celebrate his Big 8-0 tomorrow, so won't be joining you. Have a lovely walk!

Olwyn said...

Hi David, if you have any extra coupons for the Aquarium, I'd be interested as well! I'll be 'Ho Ho Ho-ing' my way through Burlington tomorrow morning dressed as one of hundreds of Santas; wishing everyone a great weekend, and if I don't see you before Christmas, have a very happy and merry one!

Susan said...

I'll be out on Sat - see some of you then.

Susan

Deanna said...

I will be at Tims in the morning.

Libby said...

I will not be out tomorrow. Happy holidays for those I will miss before Christmas. All the best to the Santa Shuffler's

Ruth said...

I'll be at Tim's tomorrow morning. Have a great Shuffle, Olwyn and our other Shore Things Santas.

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out Saturday morning.

Barb Shand

Charlotte S said...

Don't think I will be out tomorrow, battling a cold AND a very sore knee.

Helen said...

Darn. On Monday *and* on Wednesday, Bob and I will both miss the walks. Hope to see you next Saturday.

Deanna said...

I will be out tonight if it isn't poring rain.

Anonymous said...

I am staying home tonight to nurse the beginnings of a cold.

Sylvia

Susan said...

I'll be out - My suggestion, Jan & Deanna - let's confirm at 6:30 pm - perhaps the rain will be stopped by then. Okay?

Susan

Kim said...

I'm not coming out. It's raining.

Jan said...

Sounds good - just poked my nose out and it's not looking very inviting at the moment though.

Anonymous said...

Lynne and Leverne are watching the weather, will confirm soon

Susan said...

It is 6:31 in the Beaches and no rain here - let's go - see you at 7:00???

Please say you'll come.

Susan

Jan said...

I'll be out

Anonymous said...

We are coming
L&L

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight - going to a Christmas concert

Anonymous said...

Taking another night off.

Sylvia

Susan said...

Anyone walking tonight? I will walk if there is company

Kim said...

I will walk tonight, Susan. I just got home.

Susan said...

If no one else signs in by 6:30 let's walk from Queen. Ok? I am on streetcar typing this

Kim said...

Okay, that would be great.

Susan said...

Let's both leave at 6:55 from our houses. Walk on the north side of Queen St east - we should meet quickly once on Queen.

Okay? I'll change and check once more before leaving.

Kim said...

Okay. I will walk east on Queen Street on the north side.

Kim said...

I'm not walking tonight, but will likely be out Wednesday.

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight but will likely be out on Wednesday.