Friday 4 December 2015

Walks - Sat. Dec. 5 - Wed. Dec. 9


It's a good sign!
Join us Sat. at Tim's at 8:00 am. We'll negotiate the distance as long as we walk.
Mid-week walks - day time walkers, check in with Dawn. It would be great to get the day time group meeting and walking regularly - interested? Let us know.
Evening walkers meet at 7:00 pm; Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions). From time to time, other options are posted in the blog comments so be sure to check.

Announcements: from Libby - The race interest list - I encourage you to think of a race or two for the year and let me (Libby) know if you are interested and/or signed up. Robbie Burns in January is a good race to kick off the year with strong walking contingent. Around the Bay in Hamilton April 3 is worth considering as a goal to train hard this winter! I know a few may consider the GoodLife Half May 1. Please just let me know your thoughts! In the meantime, walk with purpose and enjoy!

from Jan: heard a rumour about a 15 km race on Toronto Island in June - will keep you posted once the a date is announced.

from Stacey:  Plan to spend New Year's eve at the home of Stacey and Peggy - more details to follow. RSVP required - see earlier posting.

from Susan: Anyone interested in setting up a challenge of some sort for 2016? Some examples to consider: walking 2016 kms in 2016; walking 2016 miles in 2016; reading the top 10 books of the year as listed by The Star; losing 10 lbs; reduce the muffin top challenge; 10,000 steps per day every day......your ideas go here......
Enjoy the sounds of the season at Toronto's Christmas market




26 comments:

P Dawn said...

I won't be joining you tomorrow morning as I'll be in Gooderidge. But I believe you will be having (almost) sumer weather. Welcome back to Stacey and Peggy - I think Peggy may join the slow group next year. Or so she said in August.......

Anonymous said...

My too-busy life's gotten in the way of walking these days, but I'll be back soon!
Carol

Olwyn said...

I'll be out Saturday morning for an 8k; have to get back at it! Like Carol, life's been busy lately, and there have been too many tasty treats around to ignore! Susan, I like your idea of a challenge for 2016; the Star's 10 books to read is a good one; and by January 1, I'll be needing to get rid of that muffin top!

Libby said...

Greg and I will be out Saturday morning for ? distances. Welcome home Stacey and Peggy.Nice photos Susan. Ruth and I were at the Toronto sign last night in Lee's walking class!

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday. See you then.

Susan

Deanna said...

I will be at Tims Saturday. I'm up for a walking challenge Susan.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning.

And ... memories of the last walking challenge having faded, I'm up for another. Can we cheat by starting now??

Ruth

Helen said...

We'll be out tomorrow. As for a challenge, TBD.

Charlotte S said...

A last minute change of plans means I will not be out for a walk tomorrow. Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

I'm coming this morning

Barb Shand

Deanna said...

I will be at Loblaws tonight.

Helen said...

I will be at Loblaws on Monday -- Bob has a date with the dentist.

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on coming to Loblaws tonight. Hope it doesn't rain!

Sylvia

Susan said...

I'll be there too.

Susan

Kim said...

I'm coming tonight. Poor Bob!

Unknown said...

See you at Loblaws.

Unknown said...

See you at Loblaws.

Jan said...

I'll be out too

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight.
Leverne

Susan said...

I'll be at Occasions tonight. Anyone else?

Susan

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight.

Sylvia

Helen said...

Bob and I won't be out tonight -- sorry to miss it. Looks like perfect weather.

Kim said...

I have a fish cooking class tonight so I won't be out.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight, see you Saturday.
Lynne

Unknown said...

I won't be out. I'm taking a TRX class on Wednesdays.

Susan said...

Well - so much for the best laid plans - I'll walk from home since it seems that no one will be meeting at Occasions.

Susan