Thursday 31 December 2015

Walks 2016 - Sat. Jan. 2 - Wed. Jan. 5

 
Hard to believe that 2016 is here! Wishing everyone a happy & healthy year filled with good times, good walks and good friends.
 
Join us Sat. at 8:00 am at Tim's. Any distance is good distance. If you made the commitment to one of our challenges, you'll likely be focused on ensuring that you get your kms done.
 
Mid week walks - the main thing is to get out and do it. There may be several smaller groups that meet - which is just fine. If you'd like it announced on the blog, please send along a message.
 
1. Let Dawn know if you are interested in day time walks, 1:00 pm start (I think).
2. Monday evenings - Likely have enough interest for two Monday groups: Group 1: Loblaws at 7:00 pm; Group 2 Starbucks at 7:00 pm (Coxwell south of O'Connor).
 
3. Wednesday evening - 7:00 pm at Occasions.
 
4. There is talk of a Wed. morning walk, from Loblaws, (9:00 am?) once a few people return from vacations. Deanna, Vivienne, Margy & Susan are interested. Any others?  We might do a hill or two...
 
5. Sunday morning at 8:30 am some meet at Running Room on Queen St. for a walk.
 
Check the blog and sign in for details and to let others know your plans.
 
Announcements: from Libby Race reminders for this week…please let Libby know if any races interest you as well as those committed to for 2016. With New Years resolutions made, some of you may well have stepped up to commit for races at last!
Kudos to all who plan and did the Hair of the Dog January 1!
Robbie Burns is the next race on the agenda for January and we have a few interested. You should try to walk 8K this Saturday!
The 2016 and 1550 Challenges. Quite a few have planned to do either of the challenges. Any others? Both Susan and I will keep monthly tallies so send either of us your monthly totals. Happy New year and wonderful walking to all!
Some travellers are returning from BC, Jamaica & Ireland. Some are leaving for England and New Zealand. Travel safely and enjoy.

Final comment - if you haven't been out for awhile, this is a great time to come back. We tend to walk shorter distances in the winter - join us!
 
Helen will be doing the next few blogs so please send any announcements to her. Thanks for your help, as always, Helen.


16 comments:

Olwyn said...

Happy New Year! I may or may not be out Saturday morning at Tim's, but I'll be sure to get my distance in as my New Year's challenge ~ best to all!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from Sainte Lucie, QC. I won't be out for the next two Saturdays. There wasn't a speck of snow in the mountains on Boxing Day, but we finally got a good load of the white stuff and the x-country skiing will keep us here for awhile.

Lots of love and best wishes for 2016,
Sheila

Libby said...

I'll be out Saturday for at least 8 K.
Happy New Year to All!

Sharon KJ said...

Happy New Year to one and all! Barb and I will be out tomorrow.

SKJ

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday to start the new year off right. Hope to see you there too.

Susan

Charlotte S said...

I plan to be out tomorrow at 8am.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow as well.

Ruth

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out Saturday for at least 8K. Maybe even 10K. See you then.

Helen said...

Unfortunately, I won't be joining you for any walks till after the 9th. Please take every step twice for me, so I can stay on track for my 15-50 challenge!

Bob will sign in separately to announce whether he'll be there on individual days.

Deanna said...

I won't be at Loblaws tonight.

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight either. I saw the Dr today and have a physio appt tomorrow, so may better know my limitations after that. Dr didn't seem worried - xray showed no arthritis (good news) but he has requested an MRI - he thinks it may be a meniscus tear. Said I should keep exercising, either cycling or water sports (shiver to think of in this weather) but I'll see what the physio says.

Anonymous said...

Anyone thinking of walking from Starbucks? I could walk there to rendezvous. Otherwise I won't be out to Loblaws due to transport limitations. Wednesday is out for Doc Soup.

Bob

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight, trying to fight off a cold.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Hello all! Is anyone walking tonight from Occasions?

Carol

Kim said...

I won't be walking tonight.

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking tonight.

Sylvia