Thursday 19 November 2015

Walks - Sat. Nov. 21 - Wed. Nov. 25


It's a Great Find, Cheryl
Join us Sat. at 8:00 am at Tim's for a walk - any distance is good distance.  Mid week walks:
If you are interested in day time walks, please check with Dawn.
Evening walks on Mon (Loblaws) and Wed (Occasions) at 7:00 pm. There may be other locations which suit you better so please check the blog.
 
What a great year end gathering we had thanks to our charming and generous hosts, Paul and Lou-Ann. Great food; great folks; a lovely event. Thanks so much Paul & Lou-Ann.
 
Announcements: from David - an article on "Use it or Lose it" just to encourage us to keep moving. Check it out: 
from Libby: Some discussion seems to indicate interest in the fall Montreal Rock and Roll Race and perhaps the Run for Toad Trail Race with a new 12k course and walk start.
We should plan for at least one or two spring races to keep us walking this winter!. The GoodLife Half Marathon is a nice course. Both Sporting Life and K-W Minds in Motion on the same day in May (8th) are great races. The WALKER ONLY K-W has 5, 10 and Half Marathon distances and it is always great to support this race. Let Libby know any decisions! 
 
from Eileen: Helen did a fabulous job with the calendar again!  Thank you for keeping up that tradition.
 
Be safe if you are travelling - we live in sobering times.
 


23 comments:

Trish said...

It was indeed a lovely evening. Thanks to Lou-Ann and Paul for hosting and everyone for the delicious finger foods. It seems my return to Saturday mornings have been set back a week or two. Hope to see you all at Tim's soon.

Helen said...

When I said "see you on Saturday" I'd momentarily forgotten we'd be on Montreal. So I'll have to say "see you on Monday" and hope this time I'm better informed.

P Dawn said...

I hope to be at Tim's at 8.00 on Saturday. If I am not there, I may join you for coffee afterwards. If I don't do either of those things, enjoy your walk. It will be a bit more chilly than we have been used to.....

Libby said...

Greg and I plan to walk Saturday. See you at Tim's

Olwyn said...

Thanks again to Lou-Ann and Paul for hosting our party; it was wonderful. I won't be out Saturday morning (as I'll be manning my photo booth at our Holly Berry Christmas Bazarre; if anyone wants to have some fun Christmas shopping and cheer, come on out to St. Dunstan of Canterbury, 56 Lawson Rd, Scarborough, 9am-2pm ~ always a good time!) Happy walking!

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's on Saturday - see some of you there.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I will be away for the night so will not be walking,but Rainer will be there.
Have a great walk everyone!
Margy

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out Saturday morning.

Barb Shand

Charlotte S said...

I plan to be out at Tim's tomorrow, but it will be cooooooold!

Anonymous said...

I plan to walk Saturday
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'd like to walk tonight.
Carol

Anonymous said...

I won't be able to make it tonight. Deanna

Kim said...

I am planning on walking tonight.

Unknown said...

I'm walking tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'm walking tonight too.....see you there.

Susan

Jan said...

I plan to walk tonight - leaving Vaughan now.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight
Leverne

Helen said...

Glad to see you're feeling better, Leverne. Bob and I will see you all tonight at Loblaws.

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking tonight. Hope to see you Wednesday night.

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Left Field Brewery (@LFBrewery)

Guess who's back? Resin Bag IPA available tomorrow at 12 noon in the Bottle Shop & Tap Room. pic.twitter.com/F4Nz880J7b

To celebrate this release and sample it, some of us are meeting at Left Field Brewery at 7 this Wednesday, November 25.
Helen, Jan and I may just walk over from our street, and you could park here, but there is lots of parking on Greenwood near the brewery, located on Wagstaff Drive at Greenwood, just south of the tracks.
Please pass along to anyone I may have missed.

Bob

Anonymous said...

I know that some of you will go with Bob's group to the Left Field Brewery. Enjoy -

....for others who just want to walk...Sylvia and I will meet at 7:00 pm at the Starbucks on Queen St. (north side) for a walk (it is just west of Lee Ave) Join us if that is of interest to you. Please sign in on the blog if you are joining us.

Susan

Unknown said...

I'll be at the Left Field Brewery. Looking forward to trying their new brew!

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Left Field. See you at 7.