Thursday 26 November 2015

Walks - Sat. Nov. 28 - Wed. Dec. 4

Trish's brilliant idea
Join us Sat. at 8:00 am at Tim's for a walk. The distance is flexible so please join in.
 
Mid week walks - those interested in day time walks, contact Dawn.
Evening walks at 7:00 pm on Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions) - please check the blog just in case there is a change in location or another option - it can happen and most often is listed in the comments.
Please note that Wed. is Doc Soup, so some regular walkers will be at the movies.
 
Announcements - have anything to add to the blog? Just send it along to Susan by Thurs - any and all comments/announcements welcome. This is your blog. 
 
from Rainer:Robbie Burns race is Sunday Jan 24 entry is $40 till Dec 31. However as of today only 50 walker spots left ... always a good event ...
 
from Libby:
GoodLife on May 1 has added a 10K route to their race.   A good option for consideration for Spring!
Montreal Rock and Roll is open for registration. There is interest in this race. Check it out www.runrocknroll.com/montreal/en  Registration fee Half Marathon is $75; $45 for 10K. Libby will post more information on potential hotels in the coming weeks. The train is an excellent mode of transport with great pricing if we book early. Anyone interested in a marathon distance?
Let Libby know if you have signed up for any races, as usual!
 
from David: Thought some might be interested in a series of articles on financial readiness and implications for retirement recently in the Globe.
Check this out - mix of retirement income to reduce tax implications:
 
Once you click on the above link, you will find other articles also listed, such as will we outlive our retirement savings?  Check out this series of articles.
 
See you Saturday.
 
 


23 comments:

Sharon KJ said...

Coookkkiieee! I'll be there tomorrow morning and I'll bring Barb with me.

SKJ

Libby said...

Thanks Rainer! When I checked the Robbie Burns race the web had listed it sold out....it is now open again??
Please sign up if you are keen on a short walking race in January!
I'll be out Saturday for 8 to 10

P Dawn said...

I am hoping to be at Tim's tomorrow morning - with Cynthia........

Olwyn said...

Lovely photo of Frances and Helen ~ and of the cookie as well...!
I'm planning on being out Saturday at 8 for a 6k; see everyone then!

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday, bundled up, and hoping to see you there and then.

Susan

Jan said...

I'll be out.

I'm interested in the Montreal race next year if anyone is thinking of going???? I need a goal to work towards!

Jan said...

What I meant to say was I'll be out tomorrow morning for whatever distance, even though they are predicting a cold morning - hopefully no rain/snow and little wind - a good day for the spit??

Helen said...

We're looking very blue-on-blue in that picture above. And Trish's cookie looks good enough to eat. And I did!

We'll be out tomorrow at Tim's for whatever distance feels right. Love the Spit, but I'm flexible about direction.

Unfortunately, my man has a gig at Relish on April 23rd, or I'd suggest the Scotiabank half in Montreal, which is the next day. But I'd be up for the Montreal Rock 'n' Roll half on Sept. 25th.

There's also a Hypothermic Half in Ottawa this year, March 6th. Would make a nice change from the Chilly. Nibbles?

DeA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deanna Borda said...

I will be at Tim's in the morning. Deanna

Charlotte S said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow morning at 8 for 6-8.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there at 8
Leverne

Deanna said...

I will be walking from Loblaws tonight.

Susan said...

I will join you Deanna - looking forward to it. Others?

Susan

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I will not be joining you tonight. Hope to on Wednesday.

Sylvia

Jan said...

I'll be out and I think Helen (& Bob?) too

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Loblaws. See you at 7.

Susan said...

Will be at Doc Soup tonight - sorry to miss the walk.
Susan

Helen said...

We're also at Doc Soup on Wednesday. See you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Is anyone walking tonight?
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Taking the night off, See you guys on Saturday.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Kim, I will walk then, see you at Loblaws.
Leverne

Kim said...

I will see you at 7, Leverne.