Thursday 12 November 2015


Camera magic by Olwyn
 
Join us Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for any distance that seems good for you. Just do it! Remember, it is great to walk with friends.
 
Mid-week walks - There might be interest in Monday day time walks- check with Dawn.
Evening at 7:00 pm. Monday (Loblaws); Wednesday (Occasions). Others may suggest meeting at different spots and times, so it is worth using the blog to convey messages.
 
Let me repeat - If you have been missing in action, this is the ideal time to come back - no questions asked - the distances are manageable for anyone.
 
For those who are injured or ill, please take care - hugs to you.
For those travelling, be safe and enjoy.
 
Announcements: from Lou-Ann - remember our year end gathering is Sat. Nov. 14th, 6:30 pm. RSVP (urgently required) to Lou-Ann.
 
from Libby: Training for races helps motivate us to walk longer and faster and push us out the door no matter the weather! The social part of training as a group is much more appealing! So let’s plan for a race or two in 2016! Check out the right side of blog for race information listed by month. It has races we have done and some we may want to consider. Also, the Race Site link at the top of page. Browse for races further afield. Walker friendly marathons (or half) in Bermuda, Honolulu, London and Dublin.  Need I say more?
Reminder- A last minute consideration- this Sunday at Whitby Waterfront Race- Walker friendly. Distances 5K, 10K. www.events.runningroom.com.
Some have signed up for December races- Santa Shuffle December 12th in Burlington and the Resolution Run December 27 at the CNE grounds.
Canada Running Series opens registration for 2016 Race season next week- Includes Harry’s Spring Fling (April 2), Yonge Street 10K, Scotia Bank Marathon/Half and Oasis Zoo Run. Discount for registration for more than one race. 
Let Libby know when you register for a race and she will ensure you have a training schedule on the blog!
 
from David: recommended reading article in the Globe (Sat. Nov. 7) on issues re: when to apply for OAS and CPP - the pros and cons of taking it before 65, at 65, or after 65. I can't post it here (technically challenged) but if you email David or me, we can send you a scanned copy of the article.
 
See you Saturday
 
 


27 comments:

P Dawn said...

Sorry, I don't think I will be joining you at Tim's tomorrow morning. But hope to see many of you at Lou-Anns later in the day.

Libby said...

I plan to be out Saturday at Tim's

Helen said...

1. Calendars have arrived! I'll bring them to the party, so please bring your cheque for Charlotte.

2. I've spoken to a few of you whom I know aren't on Lou-Ann's RSVP list. Please do let her know if you're coming.

3. I'll be at Tim's on Saturday morning, barring some sort of meteorological cataclysm. Rain, in other words.

4. See you at Lou-Ann's and Paul's! Wear your medals, if you have 'em. Thanks to the Coxes for hosting.

Olwyn said...

I plan to be out Saturday morning at Tim's, depending on the 'meteorological cataclysm', or rain, as Helen says. Lovely post, Susan. Looking forward to the party on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I plan to be at Tim's in the morning, barring bad weather, and plan to be at Lou-Ann's tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

I'm unable to make the walk tomorrow morning and pot luck in the evening.
Sorry to miss them both,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tims in the morning. Deanna

Susan said...

I'll be out in the morning and look forward to seeing you there. I'll also be joining the party at Lou Ann's - looking forward to that! Many thanks, Lou Ann.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I hope to be out in the morning, see you at Tim's.
Frances

Olwyn said...

Just got in (1am) so won't be out walking in the morning after all. Will be there at Lou-ann's - see everyone then!

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out this morning. We will also be at Lou Ann's tonight.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I will be set Loblaws tonight. Deanna

Susan said...

I think I will be at Loblaws tonight (unless there is a minor glitch). Don't wait if I'm not there at 7:00. My tiny granddaughter was discharged today - time for a celebration!

Susan

Jan said...

Oh wow that's wonderful news! Kyle and your daughter-in-law whose name escapes me at the moment must be delighted!

I plan to be out tonight for a short walk.

Helen said...

Congratulations, Susan. Celebration, indeed!

We'll be out tonight at Loblaws, for whatever distance.

Anonymous said...

I still don't feel up to snuff, hopefully I'll be out on Wednesday.
Leverne

Kim said...

I am still at work, so I don't think I'll be out tonight.

Jan said...

Change of plans - I thought Ray would sleep through the night but he's awake and feeling fine so I'm going to head up to see him.

Helen said...

We'll be changing our plans Monday, too. Sorry about that! See you on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight, I'm off to do some volunteering. See you Saturday, if the weather cooperates!
Lynne

Susan said...

I'll be at Occasions at 7:00 pm tonight - hope to see some of you there too.

Susan

Helen said...

As long as the rain isn't actually coming down, I'm hoping to walk on Wednesday at Occasions. Cross your fingers.

Susan said...

Me too - I'd like to walk if the rain isn't coming down. It seems to have stopped just now but I'll check again at 6:30.

Susan

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight, again, because I am, again, still at work. Hopefully things will lighten up soon.

Helen said...

The rain may stop briefly at 7, but according to the interactive radar map there's a bigger rain cloud hot on the heels of this one. Think we'll give it a pass tonight and hope for better things on Saturday. If you go out, watch for slippery leaves!

Jan said...

I just stuck my nose out of doors - does not look promising! I think I'm going to give it a miss tonight too.

Susan said...

ok - me too - I'll stay in tonight - raining now as I type

Susan