Friday 18 September 2015

Walks - Sat. Sept 19 - Wed. Sept. 23

Margy in action
Join us on Saturday at Tim's 7:30 for those training and their supporters. Distances: Corning 16K; Scotiabank 18 K; Niagara Falls 16 K. Race Days are closing in - train well & race well.
 
Others may wish to start at 8:00 am on Sat. for any distance of their choosing. Just sign the blog so others know. Lastly, Lee Scott's course starts this weekend; some will train with her and will be unable to join us.
 
Mid-week walks - daytime walkers know their routine. Evening walks at 7:00 pm - check the blog for locations - I'm not clear as they have been changing. Distance for those training are 10k and 8 k.
 
Congratulations to Arlene, Ruth, Margy & Rainer - all had great race in New Albany.
 
For those travelling, enjoy and be safe.
 
Announcements: from Kim  - WOW powerwalking class starts this Saturday. Check WOW website for time and location. Join in; great training with Lee Scott.
 
from Rainer: New Albany had a big turnout this year-close to 3,000 walkers in the 10km and half marathon.  Lee Scott came with a group of WOW walkers. Lee was 4th overall and Greg 7th overall in the half. Lots of WOW walkers had excellent times in the 10 and the half.

Race results under the racing heading:  http://www.secondsoleohio.com/

The Shore Things were represented by Ruth, Arlene, Margy and Rainer. Ruth and Arlene did the half and both had a time of 2:44:00. Arlene was 2nd in her age category. Margy and Rainer did the 10km, Margy was happy with her finish time of 1:20:30. As you can tell by the photo she was still going strong as she came in for the finish.

Post race food consisted of Sliders, Pizza, Pancakes, Subway sandwiches, Specialty breads & buns, Cuscus Salad, Pasta salad, Yogurt, Egg McMuffin, Ice Cream plus lots of give aways .... food was even better than the Cavan Race which will go Saturday Sept 26 however there were no Buttertarts which will be at Cavan.

All in all a good race, and a good Canadian showing for the Shore Things and the WOW group.
 


21 comments:

Olwyn said...

Congrats to the New Albany Walkers; you do us proud! I'm not able to walk Saturday morning, but plan to do my distance on Sunday. Happy walking all!

Ruth said...

Rainer should have boasted about his own time in New Albany - 1:12 for 10K. And yes, the food afterwards was amazing, despite the lack of butter tarts.

I'll be out at 7:30 tomorrow to do 16K. Looks like it's going to be damp. Olwyn may be on to something, with her plan for a Sunday walk.

Ruth

Lou-Ann said...

I plan to be out at 8:00 Saturday provided it is not raining (even though I have a waterproof jacket). Congrats to the New Albany walkers...safe travels to the travellers and good luck for the upcoming racers!

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out at 8:00 am on Saturday too. See you then, Lou Ann. I expect it will be a small crowd for 8:00 am. I'm hoping others will join us.

Susan

Trish said...

At this point in time, Eva and I will be out Saturday morning at 7:30 for 16k.

Anonymous said...

The weather seems to indicate a 30-40% possibility of rain Saturday morning, and definitely sun on Sunday. I'm still waffling about whether to postpone the 16 K walk for better conditions. I will go with the majority however.
Bob

Loua-Ann said...

Susan, small is fine with me1

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to be there at 8, if it is not too bad.
Val

Trish said...

Eva and I are currently armed with rain ponchos and are going to give it a shot.

Trish said...

Monday night Olwyn, Eva, and Trish (maybe Cheryl) are meeting at the Starbucks on Coxwell at Plains for a 7-8k walk. We may be joined by Bob and Jan. Hope more of you will come join the fun. 7:00. Lots of parking on street behind or on Plains beside the high school.

Anonymous said...

Hi
My name's Carol. I'm new to the group and interested in joining you tonight. Heard about it through Ranier and Margey. I took part in the Cavan walk last year.

Olwyn said...

Carol, come and join us tonight for a 7 - 8 km walk. We're meeting at the Starbucks at Plains Road and Coxwell, at 7pm. Trish, thanks for organizing us again!

Anonymous said...

I'll be there too
Leverne

Trish said...

Hey folks, after all that I won't be walking tonight. Feel like I have been run over by a mac truck. A straight out and back to the lookout is just over 7k. See you Wednesday.

Unknown said...

Hey there. Well I should have checked the blog. I went to the Left Field Brewery! Will anyone be at Occasions on Wed night?

Trish said...

Yes indeed. 7:00. Some of us are doing 2 hills and 6k. And of course libations after.

Kim said...

I'll be walking tonight.

Helen said...

Walking Wednesday from Occasions at 7. See you there.

Anonymous said...

Ditto
Lynne & Leverne

Anonymous said...

me too.....
Susan

Jan said...

Me too