Friday 28 August 2015

Walks - Sat. Aug. 29 - Wed. Sept. 2

Love on a Saturday walk
Join us on Sat. for a walk - please note change of location: Meeting at Laird & Eglinton (south east corner) at 7:30 am.  Plan for breakfast at Leonard's after. Racers:  New Albany, Corning and Niagara all need to walk 16K, Scotia a mere 12K. Libby suggests the long distance walkers meet at the Canadian Tire parking lot (Laird and Eglinton south east corner) at 7:30 am. Just to mention, Mt. Pleasant Cemetery has 3 - yes, 3 - clean port-o- potties along the route! The beltline provides a nice shady canopy, just like a hike!
 
Trish will plan a shorter route 6-8 k for others - at 8 am - same location.
Leonard’s has a good all day breakfast for when we finish the walk!
 
A few may choose to meet at Tim's, as an alterative - either is fine - sign the blog so others know.
 
Mid week walks - to be honest, I don't know the plan - check the blog comments as others make their plans.
 
Announcements: from Eileen:  She'd like to offer her Corning 1/2 marathon registration to anyone who would like it.  They would have to as walk as Eileen - only stipulation - must be fast...  Just kidding of course 😊 
 
from Rainer: A reminder that the 10km Cavan Hills Race is Sat Sept 26 ... 9:00am start for walkers; 9:45 start for runners .... a small, nice, friendly race in the country .... Cavan is a bit south of Peterborough .... only $35.00 entry and all proceeds to charity .....
  https://www.events.runningroom.com/site/?raceId=11433
However it is the fantastic food selection post race ... Home made Butter tarts (these are worth the entry fee), Home made baked beans, fresh fruit and lots more .... a great friendly race in the country ....
Vacationing at Whistler
 
 



22 comments:

Ruth said...

I'll be at Canadian Tire tomorrow morning for 16K.

Ruth

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be walking Saturday... weather looks good, so enjoy!

P Dawn said...

I won't be joining you tomorrow morning, but the idea of Leonards bacon breakfast is appealing.....

Libby said...

I plan to walk 16K and would prefer a 7:30 start

Charlotte S said...

Is anyone else going for 6-8k starting at 8?

Just asking.

Anonymous said...

I will be out for the shorter distance of 6-8k starting at 8.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

we have some other commitments so cannot do brunch.. will be at Tim's at 8 am for a 8-10 New Albany training walk on the board walk.... have a great weekend everyone!
Margy

Trish said...

As one the the ones who likes to shake things up and try different routes and breakfast, I hate to say that I can't walk tomorrow morning. If anyone wants a sneak peak at the route tonight, email me and I will forward to you a copy.

Anonymous said...

Margy - I'll try to join you at Tim's on Saturday at 8:00 - have some things to do on Saturday so the closer location is easier for me this weekend.

Charlotte - would you join us at Tim's or ????

Enjoy the new route and brunch - I'll join in another time!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Sharon will be joining the group from Canadian Tire - I think for 16k

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I won't be out Monday night - working late.

Susan

Helen said...

Bob and I will be walking on Monday night. However, if no one else signs in for Loblaws, we will be walking from home.

Now that the summer is returning many of our walkers to work during the day, we'll be more consistent about our start points and times. However, it's important to sign in! Please do.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tonight (Monday), will be walking home from the office to get in my distance. Will definitely be out on Saturday morning.

Anonymous said...

I will be out on Monday night
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I plan on walking Monday night too.
Lynne

Jan said...

I'll be out tonight.

Jan said...

Just got a message from Kim that she and Deana and Sylvia walked with Lou-ann earlier today, so shall we walk from here?/

Helen said...

Sounds good to me, if it's okay with Lynne and Leverne.

Anonymous said...

I'll come over there
Leverne

Kim said...

Sylvia, Vivian, Deanna and I are walking from Starbucks, across from the Running Room on Queen Street, at 7:30 p.m. tonight, if anyone wants to join us. Leverne? Susan?

Helen said...

Wednesday night regulars, Bob, Jan, Lynne and I, walked Wednesday morning for the last pool/walk of the (or at least of our) summer.

See you on Saturday at Tim's. We'll be doing 12K.

Anonymous said...

Kim - I'll join you - thanks - 7:30 it is - let's hope it is a bit cooler. Thanks for letting me know.

Susan