Thursday 20 August 2015

Walks - Sat. Aug. 22 - Wed. Aug. 26

Thank you Lou Ann and Paul
 
Join us on Sat. at 7:30 am at Tim's for a walk. Distances vary as the training ramps up:  New Albany, 20 k; Scotia 16 k; Corning and Niagara 14 k. The rest are welcome to walk whatever distance suits them. 
Mid week walks - day time walkers check in through Lou Ann or Dawn. Evening walkers - check the blog and let others know your plans. We need your company for the evening walks - please join us.
 
Announcements: Many thanks to Lou Ann and Paul for hosting a great pool gathering last Saturday - perfect weather; lovely setting; great friends; delicious food. Lou Ann and Paul are generous hosts - thanks so much.
 
from Libby: Just a plug for a couple of races:  Anyone interested in joining Olwyn in the flat Scotia Half Race? October 18th..just after Thanksgiving. New medal design this year shows the Humber River bridge!
A new race on the radar for January  16-17. In the Bahamas! Flat course and warm weather  with an oceanfront start and finish! Called Marathon Bahamas www.marathonbahamas.com
 
from Henry (commonly known in these parts as Mr. Ruth) check out this clip of the pool party (it is worth watching): 

See you Sat.
 
 
 
 


16 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out on Saturday...enjoy your walk!

Olwyn said...

Thanks Lou-Ann and Paul; it was a wonderful party! I won't be out this Saturday; I have a date with Hamlet in Stratford. Happy walking!

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's on Sat.
Susan

Trish said...

Thanks Lou-Ann it was indeed a great party! I plan to be out this Saturday morning with Eva and Cheryl for 14k.

P Dawn said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow morning for a YTD distance.
Gold Medal winners, the Coxes. thanks again.
Lovely clip of the bear in the pool. I wonder if he was one of the 'bombers' we had at our party.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out on Saturday for 14K. Bob has a route planned, at Trish's request.

Ruth said...

A huge thank you to Lou-Ann and Paul and to everyone who brought such wonderful food. Another 6 months and I'll probably be able to fit back into my clothing!

Arlene and I will be at Tim's tomorrow to join the 14K route.

Anonymous said...

Is anyone walking Monday evening?
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob and I will be walking tonight, Leverne.

Anonymous said...

I told Lynne I would come to her and we could walk down to the beach and back, so we will pick you up on the way. What time will you be ready?
L

Helen said...

Okay, so it turns out that Lynne, Leverne, Helen and Bob will be walking from our street, starting at 6:15 on Monday night. Anyone who's able is welcome to join us.

Jan said...

I won't be out tonight after all - hope the rain holds off for everyone

Helen said...

Bob and I will be walking from Occasions on Wednesday evening. See you at 7 pm.

Helen said...

Anyone else walking tonight?

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on coming out, provided it doesn't start raining.
Lynne

Bob said...

As it looks like only 3 of us, the walk may originate from our house instead of Occasions. Ok with you, Lynne?