Friday 3 July 2015

Walks - Sat July 4th - Wed. July 8th

Peaceful beauty
Sat. Option 1:  One group is heading to Toronto Island for a walk followed by brunch at the Rectory. It is a lovely setting - a Toronto gem! We catch the 9:30 ferry to Ward's Island &arrive around 9:45. From there we can go for about 6-8k from Ward's Island to the Lighthouse (distance of your choosing) and back to the Rectory. Those training for New Albany are supposed to do 12k this weekend - if you add the walk to and from the carpark you'll get the additional mileage in!

The ferry fare is $7.25 adults;$4.75 seniors.  To avoid disappointment, meet at the Ferry terminal between 9 and 9:15 am. Parking? May be an issue so  car-pool if possible.  Here's a link to the parking lots in the downtown core:

https://www.google.ca/maps/search/parking+lots+toronto/@43.6433661,-79.3734875,16z

One option (but it's a bit of a hike) is the 5-storey Green P Lot by Hotel Novotel - it's about 1k to ferry terminal. The daily max rate is $10

Send an email to Jan at jzemaitis@gmail.com to let me know if you are interested so I can book a time with the Rectory.
 
Sat. Option 2 - Meet at Tim's at 8:00 am for the distance of your choice.
Sign in on the blog so others know who will be at which option.
 
Monday (Loblaws) & Wednesday (Occasions) nights at 7:00 pm. Day time options are organized through Dawn or Lou Ann.
 
Announcements: from Phyllis - check this out:
Update on PanAm Racewalking tickets - Phyllis has 5 adult tickets (@$40) and 1 seniors ticket @ $25 for the July 19th racewalking event at Ontario Place. Please contact Phyllis directly at 416-877-2750 cell
Phyllis Segal Denaburg pdenaburg@gmail.com
 
From Norma She been selected to carry the Pan Am torch on July 6th at 6:53 p.m.  Her start location is 3216 Lakeshore Blvd. West and she'll carry the torch for 200 metres! She's so excited to have been selected! Get out to cheer her on.
 
 


18 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

I won't be out on Saturday, I am jealous of your walk on the Island though...maybe next time. Congratulations Norma...how exciting; I will be thinking of you, hopefully someone will take pictures.

Joan said...

I will continue to mia till the fall, leaving for the UK for 2 months.
How exciting Norma, I agree, hope there will be pictures.
The GO train is a great option for getting downtown, 9 minutes from Danforth to Union and a short WALK to the ferry terminal, a win/win for all.
Have fun this weekend and this summer.
Joan

Lou-Ann said...

Oops, forgot to say congratulations to the "newest" grandma!

Trish said...


Sorry I won't be able to join you all at the Island tomorrow after all. Family arriving about 11 and as they are going to help move furniture and boxes, I think I should be home. Have a great walk and will see most of you in 3 weeks. Calgary and Vancouver here I come.

P Dawn said...

Sorry I won't be able to join any of the walks tomorrow morning. I have a carpet man coming to my house to advise me, at 8.30 am.

Enjoy the walks, everyone and have a super weekend. Congrats on carrying the torch, Norma. Looks like I've been accepted to volunteer in the athletes village - if I pass the RCMP checking.........

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tomorrow. Congratulations to Norma for carrying the torch. Congratulations also to the "first time" grandmother! I hope I have it right when I think that it is Susan. And to Dawn...you'll pass. What a wonderful group of extraordinary people!

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tomorrow either location. Still on dog duty with occasional cuddles with my new grandson.

Susan

Helen said...

Bob and I will be there for the island walk. Looking forward to it! Congrats to Norma and , of course, Susan!

Anonymous said...

I will be there for the island walk too.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I will be be walking tonight. Deanna

Anonymous said...

I'll be walking too Deanna - see you then. Anyone else?

Susan

Kim said...

I'm walking tonight.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Norma and to first time grandma Susan.
Unfortunately I will not be walking tonight but hope to be out on Wednesday.

Sylvia

Helen said...

We might be a little late -- waiting for Jan. Don't wait too long if you don't see us. I'd foolishly assumed Norma was "torching" on Lake Shore East. So sorry we'll miss her walk of flame! Hope David takes lots of pictures.

Olwyn said...

Congrats to Grandma Susan, and to Norma; hope to see photos of both! Will try and get out Wed night; but don't wait for me if I'm not there by 7. A good week to all!

Anonymous said...

Hi All

Thought I would be out with the "kids" tonight but alas my left knee is acting up so will not be walking tonight (yes I'm crying)

Sylvia

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight.

Jan said...

Helen and Bob and I will be out