Thursday 25 June 2015

Walks - Sat. June 27 - Wed. July 1

Island Time again....
There seems to be two options this Saturday. Some are heading to Toronto Island. Here is the info:
On Saturday June 27 we are planning a walk on Toronto Island followed by brunch at the Rectory Cafe.  The Rectory opens at 11 am so if we catch the 9:30 ferry to Ward's Island we will arrive around 9:45. We can go for about 6-8k from Ward's Island to the Lighthouse (distance of your choosing) and back to the Rectory. Training for New Albany? To do 10k this weekend walk to and from the carpark you'll get the additional mileage in!

Ferry  $7.25 for adults and $4.75 for Seniors.  To avoid disappointment we should plan to be at the Ferry terminal between 9 and 9:15 am.  Parking may be a bit of an issue so I suggest car-pooling to reduce costs.  Here's a link to the parking lots in the downtown core:
https://www.google.ca/maps/search/parking+lots+toronto/@43.6433661,-79.3734875,16z
One of the most reasonable (but it's a bit of a hike) is the 5-storey Green P Lot by Hotel Novotel - if you park near the Yonge Street entrance it's about 1k to the ferry. The daily max rate is $10

Send an email to me at jzemaitis@gmail.com to let me know if you are interested so I can book a time with the Rectory.
 
Likely some will meet at Tim's at 8:00 am and walk from there. Please sign in to let others know your plans....especially with two different locations. New Albany walkers need to do 10 km.
 
Monday night at Loblaws at 7:00 for 6 km. Wednesday is July 1, so I suggest that we meet at Tim's 2 at 9:00 am for 6 km. Again, please sign in - really helps when time/locations are changing.
 
Announcements: from Helen: Some have been talking about doing the above race on October 25th, and in fact Bob, Libby, Lynne and Helen have already signed up for it. A separate email was sent with information about this race and a cottage rental that may appeal to some.Niagara International Half Marathon should sign up before the next price increase July 1.
 
Have you seen this man?
 
 

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rainer and Margy will be at Tims 8 a.m. sat

Lou-Ann said...

I am planning on going to the Island provided it is not raining. I have space for 2 more in the car if you need a lift.

Anonymous said...

I'm on baby watch and dog duty so I need to stay close to home. Can't go to Island this time as a result - hate to miss it. I may be at Tim's, or not!
Susan

P Dawn said...

I hope to be joining the Island group for walk and brunch. May need to take my umbrella....

Anonymous said...

I`m not able to join you on the Island due to a time commitment.

See you next time,
Sheila

Jan said...

Hi everyone. The weather forecast for tomorrow morning is "Cloudy with showers". I have made an executive decision to postpone the island visit until next Saturday when hopefully the weather will co-operate.

Sorry for the confusion - hope everyone sees the message in time!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm hsppy to reschedule to next week and until then we can all practice our sun dances in preparation for next Saturday.
See you at Tim's tomorrow at 8 then (unless it's raining)
Leverne

Trish said...

I am not entirely sure if I will be at Tim's or not. Turning off alarm clock. Hope the join the Monday/Wednesday morning walkers next week. Stay dry everyone.

Lou-Ann said...

I will see you at Tim's providing it is not raining. I will not be out next Saturday, sorry to be missing the Island walk next week.

Stacey said...

I thought I might make it to Tim's tomorrow - but I'm with Trish. I'm turning off the alarm clock...but will join the group next week for the island walk! See you soon.

Anonymous said...


I will b out this morning for a short walk

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I will be walking tonight. Finally, a clear night.

Jan said...

Who is "anonymous"?? Is that you Leverne??

I will be out tonight - Bob and Helen are away.

Kim said...

I am walking tonight.

Anonymous said...

That wasn't me, but i will be out tonight too
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was Deanna. Forgot to sign my name.

Jenny said...

Jenny said,
Are you walking Wednesday morning (canada day) from Tims on Gerrard and VP.
If so, I'll be there, but what time?

Anonymous said...

I will be walking as well. Helen' said 9:00 am. See you then. Deanna

Jan said...

I had planned to go but I'm going to wimp out and sleep in and go for a walk with Ray later.

Happy Canada Day everyone - don't forget to wear your red!!

Sharon KJ said...

I am going to take advantage of sleeping in on Canada Day.
See you on Saturday.

SKJ

Trish said...

I am up so if I don't get distracted I will see you all at Tim's 2.

Sharon KJ said...

I'm going to be there after all. I miss the walks.
SKJ

Anonymous said...

Still on dog duty so I won't come with my giant friend.

Happy Canada Day & see you Saturday - should be back to normal routine by then.

Susan