Friday 19 June 2015

Walks - Saturday June 20th - Wednesday June 24th


Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a walk. Suggesting that we aim for 6-10 km, but the choice of distance is up to you - just do it! Training starts this week for the September New Albany Walking Classic with a distance of 8K on Saturday.
 
Mid week walks continue. Day time folks know the routine. Evening walkers meet at 7:00 pm at Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday). Join in. 
 
Announcement/Question: We often move to a 7:30 am start time on Saturdays when the weather gets hot, so please let us know your preference.
 
Summer is just around the corner. With spring races finished, and Midsummer's Race cancelled this year, perhaps a few may wish to try the Beaches Jazz Festival Tune-up July 12th. Distances of 5,10 and 20K are appealing. Proceeds go to support of Toronto East General Hospital.

Let Libby know if any of you sign up and she will add your names to race interests.
 
Sorry for the late blog this week!
Has anyone seen this man?
 
 

22 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

No I haven't seen "that" man yet!!! I will be walking on Saturday, Norma, Margie and Stacey I will bring your tea if you are walking.

olwyn said...

Haven't seen 'that man' yet, but would love to! Won't be out on Sat, but may join the Mon and Wed morning walkers next week as I'm away from work ~ woo hoo! Away for the weekend; happy walking!

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be at Tim's at 8. I will walk for about an hour at a slower pace!

P Dawn said...

I hear that man is around, but he is remaining out of sight.

I will be at Tim's tomorrow morning. As regards earlier start times in hot weather - I am still waiting for the hot weather to arrive. But, if it does, earlier start time would be great..

Trish said...

I plan to be out Saturday for somewhere between 6 and 8. In hot weather I prefer the earlier start.

Helen said...

We'll be at Tim's for 8-10K. When the weather gets hotter, I wouldn't mind starting earlier.

Anonymous said...

I am 80% sure that I'll be there on Sat. morning if I can get my work done between now & then. Hope to see you there.

Susan

Sharon KJ said...

I have "that" man here, captive. Rest assured he is doing well.
I'll pick up Barb on my way.

SKJ

Sharon KJ said...

P.S. An earlier start makes sense especially when it heats up outside.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I'll be there for a shorter walk and see "that" man.
I prefer earlier start for the summer.
Val

Anonymous said...

I won't be out today, sorry to miss it.
Enjoy your walk.
Sheila

Bob said...

Wednesday evening's walk will be followed by refreshments at Occasions as we move into summer mode.
As well, I am happy to report that demolition has finally begun on the bingo hall on Trent street, to make way for the "ShoreThings" condo.

Anonymous said...

I won't be walking Monday night - AGM so working late.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I will be walking tonight. It looks like the rain will hold off. Deanna

Helen said...

Looks like we'll get our walk in before the rain, so I hope to be out on Monday at Loblaws.

Anonymous said...

I will be at Loblaws tonight.
Have to escape - ask me about fumes!

Sylvia

Kim said...

I'm walking tonight

Unknown said...

I'll be there tonight. Viv

Anonymous said...

I will not be walking tonight or Saturday but hope to walk Monday.

Sylvia

Jan said...

Anyone coming out tonight? Are we bending our elbows afterwards??

I plan on coming out - need the exercise.

Anonymous said...

Lynne, I will be there, with our money too
Leverne

Helen said...

We're coming. So I guess I'd best get dressed.