Thursday 11 June 2015

Walks - Sat. June 13th - Wed. June 17th

The Niagara gang
Join us of Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a walk - distance is whatever suits you that day. Good friends and conversation make the distances effortless. I don't believe we have any official training schedules this week for a change.
 
Monday & Wednesday walks follow the usual routine - but please let others know your intentions. Day time folks connect through Dawn. Evenings at 7:00 pm at Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday). The rain (or threat of rain) kept some people home this week - I guess it is better to be safe than sorry.....
 
Niagara Race: perfect weather; Rainer was a fabulous cheerleader; he met us at the 7km mark and supported us as we crossed the finish line (known here at the ‘finish wine’, since everyone got a bottle of wine in their race kit!).  Ruth came in 26 overall at 2:46:05 chip time ... followed by Margy at 86 overall and at 3:05:10 chip time. However all our gals Eva, Olwyn, Trish and Iona came in under 3:30:00. We met Kathryn Sweitzer - most inspirational, telling of her first marathon in 1967. She was the only female in an all male race.  Since then, her bib number, 261, has become synonymous with being fearless, and facing one’s challenges by getting out there and doing it! 
 
Announcements: from Helen - she has 3 free passes to offer to the
Toronto Botanical Garden’s big garden tour is this Saturday and Sunday, this year in Lawrence Park. Helen plans to go Sunday - care to join her? Let her know directly.  Here’s a sneak preview from her blog: 
 
from Charlotte: whose is tasked with updating the Shorethings directory so that we can reach everyone. Please give your contact info (name, address, phone, email) to Charlotte. Or at least, make sure she has your email.
 
 
 


17 comments:

Trish said...

Niagara was a fun weekend! I won't be out this Saturday. Taking a weekend off and heading up to St. Adele PQ for a weekend with my cousin. Have a good walk and see you all next weekend.

Helen said...

Thumbs up, Niagara women! And thumbs up for the Garden Bloggers Fling. A big success. Now I get to come back to join you. Hooray! See you Saturday.

Looks like I have two takers for the Through the Garden Gate tickets, Lynne and Leverne. One left, if you want to claim it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Niagara Team!
I'm going up to Unicamp, this is our Hiking weekend.
Have a nice walk,
Val

Olwyn said...

I'll be out on Saturday, but not at Tim's; I'll be walking around Green Gables with Anne(!). See you next week; and congrats Helen, that your garden extravaganza went so well!

Libby said...

Congrats to the Niagara racers Well done!
i plan to be out for an hour walk tomorrow. Distance TBD

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday - see you then.
Susan

Lou-Ann said...

Way to go Niagara Ladies! I won't be out tomorrow, but enjoy your walk...hope to see you next week.

Sharon KJ said...

I will not be out tomorrow.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

I cannot make it tomorrow, enjoy your walk, see you next time.
Sheila

libby said...

change of plans and I will not be out

Unknown said...

Looking forward to getting out more, now that I've figured out the blog!

Helen said...

Bob has a school thing, but I hope to be out on Monday -- if it isn't pouring.

Anonymous said...

I will be at Loblaws tonight.
Hoping for lots of company.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I will also be there tonight.
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

I will be at Occasions tonight. Anybody else?
Sylvia

Helen said...

We'll be at Occasions at 7. See you there.

Unknown said...

Yes! I'll be there.

Viv