Friday 5 June 2015

Walks - Sat. June 6 - Wed. June 10

Before the race - don't they look keen?
Join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a walk - the distance is your choice - but I'll suggest 10 km & 6 km. Does that work for you?
 
Mid-week walks are the usual times and places - evenings at 7:00; Monday, Loblaws; Wednesday, Occasions. Mid-walk evening walkers need some company. Please join us.
 
Be sure to sign in on the blog so others know your intentions.
 
The Niagara racers will make us proud on Sunday - enjoy and do well. Would love to see some medal photos for next week's blog....no pressure!
 
Announcements:  Pan Am games race walking event. Tickets are still available. Bob may have some info on Saturday for us.
 
Hikes - some have expressed interest in hiking. Here's a sample of a series of hikes on the Bruce Trail:
Iroquoia End-to-End Hikes, from June 13 to Aug 8, 2015 (near Burlington, Ancaster, Hamilton area0
Pre-register online needed. - Bruce Trail web site.
#1/6, Sat Jun 13 2015,     4522, Iroquoia, Stoney Creek, 19k            
#2/6, Sat Jun 20 2015,     4524, Iroquoia, Hamilton, 19k
#3/6, Sat Jul 4 2015,        4525, Iroquoia, Dundas Valley, 22k         
#4/6, Sat Jul 11 2015,      4526, Iroquoia, Waterdown, 22k
#5/6, Sat Jul 18 2015,      4527, Iroquoia, Mount Nemo, 23k
#6/6, Sat Aug 8 2015,      4528, Iroquoia, Crawford Lake, 17k
Additional details may be found on the Toronto Bruce Trail Club’s Let's Hike page.
After the medals - don't they look great?


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! Both before and after photos are very nice! Congrats to all!
I won't be seeing you really soon but I'm always thinking about you! Other priorities have taken over for awhile but I'll be back as soon as they settle down!! In the mean time.....enjoy this nice weather!
I'm totally interested in some Bruce Trail Hiking....although those distances are a tad scary for me at this time..... I see myself tackling them in my future!
alexis

Anonymous said...

Me again.....this post actually worked! I've been having trouble making that happen lately! Maybe I am a robot?
alexis

Trish said...

I will be in Niagara with Ruth, Olwyn, Eva, and Margy. Hoping the rain holds off. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I hope yo be at Tim"s tomorrow morning.


Dawn

Libby said...

I am tentatively planning to walk for 30 minutes tomorrow from Tim's with Greg. This is part of my exercise therapy! Hope to see a few of you at coffee.

Anonymous said...

Helen will be flinging to and fro but will be there.
Bob

Anonymous said...

I'll be out this Saturday (honestly). Looking forward to seeing everyone then.

Susan

Lou-Ann said...

I will be there Saturday...do us proud Niagara Walkers (I know you will), most of all have fun!!! Happy Birthday Susan (today) and belated wishes Tricia (yesterday). Hope you both have and are having a wonderful day. Looking forward to seeing you Libby.

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tomorrow. Happy birthday Susan and happy belated birthday Trish. Way to go Libby! To all the Niagara Walkers, I hope the day is perfect, come rain or shine. It's all in the attitude.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out tomorrow...see you at 8 for 8.
Sheila

Stacey said...

I won't be out tomorrow - but I will be walking. Cora and I will be doing one of the easier Bruce Trail hikes. Happy birthday, Susan and belatedly to Trish. Yay Shore Things walkers! All of you (us). See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Anyone out Monday night?
Bob

Jan said...

weather forecast doesn't look great - 60-70% chance of rain/thundershowers. I wouldn't mind the walk but not keen on walking in a thunderstorm. I'll check in again in 15 mins or so.

Anonymous said...

Just checked the radar and there is definitely rain coming around 8ish, so i am passing on tonight and so is Lynne
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'm home and able to walk - would like company though.
Will check back.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Ok. Given the forecast and the fact that we have a houseguest coming tonight, I'll stay home and prep for Helen's return. .
Bob

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight, but I think Sylvia and Jenny are. My daughter has my cell phone, though, so I can't call them.

Kim said...

it is raining, so I'm not walking tonight either.

Anonymous said...

I could walk but it doesn't look very promising. I'll check back at 6:30

Susan

Helen said...

I hear thunder, so I'm going to take one more night off to recover from the Fling. Bob is likely to stay home with me, too. Hope to be back in your midst on Saturday!

Jan said...

Hmm weather is looking decidedly iffy - the forecast is for thundershowers 'til after 7. If it's all cleared up by 7 I may consider walking but I don't want to walk in a thunderstorm - been there done that!

Anonymous said...

Will you still walk - I could meet you there.

sj