Friday 29 May 2015

Walks - Sat. May 30 - Wed. June 3

Some girls have all the luck!
Join us on Saturday at 8:00 am at Tim's for a distance of your choice. Those training for Niagara are on taper this week. Check the blog. 
 
According to Olwyn:
"Last Sunday, Cheryl, Trish, Eva and I were doing our 16k in Sunnybrook Park, training for our upcoming Niagara Women’s Half. Well, who should we stumble upon, but some firefighters!  They insisted that they have their photo taken with us, so we interrupted our training, and obliged them; we felt that we should be polite, after all, we are Shore Things! " 
 
Mid week walks are Monday and Wednesday. Day time folks check in through Dawn. Evening are at 7:00 pm Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday). Check the blog and let others know your intentions. It has been lovely to have some new folks join us - come again - you are always welcome.
 
Announcements:
Libby is home after knee surgery - these first few days are painful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Libby.
 
From Rainer: some might be interested in this website on walking:  http://www.thewalkingsite.com/
 
 



15 comments:

Ruth said...

It's a good thing the Toronto Fire Department had some first class representatives from the Shore Things to set a good example for them.

See you tomorrow at Tim's.

Ruth

Olwyn said...

A lovely post Susan; and the rumour that we feigned dehydration, and threw ourselves at those men is simply not true! I'll try to be out for a quick 6k in the morning; I'm working tomorrow to help co-ordinate the passing of the Pan Am torch from the float plane to the First Nations canoes, so I have to be at Harbourfront by 11am! See you tomorrow, with hope!

Olwyn said...

I also love the warning about licking ice cream in public; we Shore Things would never do that; we are Gentlewomen!

Helen said...

I'm hoping to emerge from my temporary retirement to walk on Saturday morning. Best wishes for speedy recoveries to our temporarily non-walking wounded!

Lou-Ann said...

I will be out walking on Saturday morning...distance to be determined then. Great photo ladies...I'm so glad you sacrificed!! Speeding recover to Libby. Remember all are welcome to the "Tea Party" at my house on Sunday 2:00pm. I will bring the brochure Saturday, just incase you want to have a look at it.

Trish said...

Cheryl, Eva, Olwyn and Trish are doing their last long walk out the spit starting at 7:30. We would love some company.

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out on Saturday.
See you then.
Susan

Sharon KJ said...

Dang! Some girls have all the luck and timing is everything.

Barb and I will be out tomorrow, weather permitting.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

This newbie will be at Loblaws tonight ready to walk. Anybody else?

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sylvia - I'll be walking tonight. See you then.

Susan

Helen said...

Sorry, won't be out tonight -- stuffing swag bags. Will likely miss Wednesday, too, as our event starts the next day. I'll have a lot of catching up to do after the 9th!

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight, Lynne is not feeling well and Jan is away.
Sorry all
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'm walking tonight.
Sylvia

Helen said...

Confirming that I will not be walking on Wednesday. (Or Saturday, or Monday.) Looking forward to rejoining you all for our walks.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Sylvia, I'm not walking again today and neither is Lynne.
Leverne