Friday 10 July 2015

Walks - Sat. July 11 - Wed. July 15

Our Torchbearer - looking good!
Join us on Saturday, at Tim's, at 8:00 am. Training? New Albany Half folks need to do 14K; Corning Half training starts with 8 K. Others may choose to join in with those training or just pick a distance of your choice.
Weekday distances are usually 6-8 at this early time.
 
Weekday walks: day time folks check in with Lou Ann or Dawn. Evening walkers meet at 7:00 pm - Monday at Loblaws; Wednesday at Occasions. Join in; it's all good! Check the blog so others know your plans.
 
Announcements: from Norma
All of the Torch Bearers on our relay were nervous at the beginning but once we reached our spot in the relay and lit our torch, adrenaline kicked it and we were off, jogging for gold! It was an awesome experience, one that I will always remember. Special thanks to Margy who travelled all the way to Mimico to cheer me on. I really appreciated her support. 

From Libby:
Beaches Jazz Tune-Up Run/Walk with distances of 5,10 or 20 K is this Sunday for any interested.
 

 


10 comments:

P Dawn said...

love our torch bearer. Well done Norma.

I will be at Tim's tomorrow but may not be my usual high functioning self after a late night at the opening ceremonies.

Sunday morning I start the first of my eight hour shifts as volunteer at the Athletes Village. Standing on my feet all the time......

Ruth said...

Yay, Norma. And thank you to Dawn, too, for volunteering. Proud of you both.

I'll be at Tim's tomorrow morning. I'm not liking the looks of that 14K distance, and if I figure out who signed me up for New Albany, I will give her a serious talking-to.

Ruth

Olwyn said...

Bravo Norma; we're all proud of you! And bravo Dawn, for volunteering; you'll be wonderful! I'll be out tomorrow at Tim's, for a 6 - 8k; see you then!

Lou-Ann said...

Great picture Norma...and congratulations on being selected to carry the torch, what an honour! Dawn, I think you will be a wonderful volunteer...way to go girl! I am out at Tim's tomorrow (Saturday) for whatever walk, before it gets too hot.

Helen said...

I'll be walking around Port Hope on a garden tour on Saturday, but I think Bob will represent at Tim's.

Congratulations, Norma -- we were there in spirit as you did your distance. And, Dawn, break out your comfy shoes. I can bring you a folding stool if it would come in handy.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful honour Norma. I'll be at Tim's on Saturday for a reasonable distance.
Leverne

Sharon KJ said...

I can't say it enough times....the Shore Things are amazing! I won't be out tomorrow. Happy birthday, Leverne! SKJ

Anonymous said...

Not walking Monday night July 13th.

Susan

Helen said...

I regret that I won't be out on Monday night. On Wednesday, I'm hoping to walk in the morning with the "pool and coffee" group. Ahhhhhh, summer!

Anonymous said...

Anyone walking tonight?

Sylvia