Thursday 23 July 2015

Walks - Sat. July 25 - Wed. July 29

Monday morning ravine walk
Join us Saturday for a walk starting from Tim's at 7:30 am. Training distances are as follows: New Albany and Corning racers need to do 12 km; Scotia racers need to do 8 km. The rest may choose a distance that suits you.
 
Weekday walks vary - day walkers check in through Lou Ann or Dawn. Evening walks are Monday (Loblaws) and Wednesday (Occasions) starting at 7:00 pm. Distances are 6-8 km. We need extra people to join the evening walks - please sign in on the blog.
 
Announcements from Ruth - Lee is organizing a 14K walk this Sunday, July 26 for anyone who is interested.  No need to do the full 14K (it’s the training distance for the New Albany race).  We’ll start by walking over to the CNE grounds to watch the start of the men’s 50K race walking (makes me tired just thinking about it).  Here is a link to Lee’s web site with the location, time, and route. http://wowpowerwalking.com/wp/?page_id=3885
from Rainer: links to two articles on race walking:
 
Thanks to Olwyn for the great photos.
 
Love that sign


13 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out Saturday... love the picture Olwyn!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday. Hope to see you then.
Susan

Helen said...

I'll be out Saturday for a short distance. Bob will likely go further.

Great shots, Olwyn!

Anonymous said...

I'll be heading to Kitchener for a family gathering.
Sorry to miss the walk...enjoy!
Sheila

Libby said...

I will not be out Saturday..great picture Olwyn

Ruth said...

What a great looking group.

Arlene and I will be out Saturday, hoping to do at least 10K.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I will not be out on Saturday. I love your pictures Olwyn.

Barb Shand

Trish said...

I will be out Saturday and dragging Cheryl and Eva with me!

Jan said...

Anybody thinking of walking tonight? Ray just got back - walked as far as Chester and turned around. Our thermometer says 35 right now but it's in the sun.

Waddya think??

Jan said...

I am getting no response - Bob walked this morning Helen is working and I think Leverne and Lynn might be away. Ray and I walked 9k yesterday anyway so I can feel virtuous! So I am not going out tonight.

Anonymous said...

Is there anyone who would walk Wednesday night at 8:00 pm (or even 7:30) with the hope that it might be a bit cooler? I don't think I will be home in time to walk at 7:00 so I'll check the blog when I am home to see if there is any interest in a later start time tonight.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I see no responses so I'm not going to walk tonight - still in Burlington.

Susan

Jan said...

Bob and Helen and I walked withe the "pool" crew this morning so we won't be out tonight.