Thursday 30 April 2015

Walks - May 2 - 6, 2015

Our Debbie - forever in our hearts - rest in peace
 
It has been a sobering week - one in which we mourned and celebrated the life of our friend, Debbie. Imagine salting salted butter! 
 
She would want us to walk so please join us on Saturday for whatever distance suits you. Tim's at 8:00 am.
 
Those doing the Good Life race on Sunday: do well and make us proud! 
 
And, it is the final weekend of Hot Docs, so a few may be missing in action. Still others are travelling - walk wherever you are, whenever you are able to do so.
 
Mid week walks: Loblaws on Monday; Occasions on Wednesday; both nights at 7:00 pm. Day time walkers know your routine and I think Dawn will be back for next week.
 
Belated birthday wishes to Bob who celebrated by hosting a rocking good party. Thanks for including us, Bob. Great music; great fun. Photos to come at a later date.
 
Libby's Big Sur medal - congratulations
 


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be missing in action Saturday and Monday - NYC is calling my name.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I will also be missing in action (still) on Saturday. Enjoy the sunshine!
What a lovely picture of Debbie!
Alexis

Lou-Ann said...

What a beautiful picture of our special friend...she will be missed terribly.

I plan on walking Saturday, however if I am not there at 8:00 go ahead as I may have decided to stay in bed for a little extra shut eye!

Helen said...

We have docs on Saturday afternoon, a half marathon and more docs on Sunday, and I have a yard bag of duck poo to shovel. So, between docs and ducks, I might be doing my cross-training in the garden on Saturday. Bob could show up at Tim's for coffee. TBD.

Olwyn said...

That's a beautiful photo of Debbie.
I'm walking the Goodlife Half on Sunday morning, so won't be out on Saturday; have a great sunny, springy weekend everyone!

Jan said...

I'm going to the doc with Leverne tomorrow so I won't be at Tim's

Trish said...

I'm part of the Goodlife gang this week. Have a great walk tomorrow and enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend.

Anonymous said...

If it's raining, which it's predicted to, I will not be out.
Congrats to our Goodlifers, will done all. The picture of Debbie is lovely, it looks like it was taken at our breakfast at TKO's.
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob and I will not be out on Monday night, rain or no rain. Hope to see you Wednesday.

Well done Libby and all the Goodlifers (I guess me, too).

I'm finding the loss of Debbie very hard. Rest in peace, friend.

Jan said...

I won't be out either if it's raining - I'm made of sugar y'know....

Anonymous said...

Leverne and I are planning to walk from Loblaws at 7 for any brave souls that would like to join us and feel virtuous.
Lynne

Jan said...

Now that the weather is ok I wouldn't have minded but I won't be home in time. One last tax return.....

Kim said...

I'm walking tonight (Monday)

Jan said...

I plan on walking tonight - may even break out the shorts!

Anyone else?

Helen said...

I broke out my shorts on Sunday -- and by the end of the race I wished I'd worn short sleeves as well! Hope to be out tonight for a not-too-challenging 6-8K, depending on company.

Kim said...

I'm walking tonight--no shorts

Anonymous said...

Won't be out tonight despite the lovely weather, doing Mum duty taking Ollie to an appointment.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

See you at occasions at 7, I may wear shorts, I may not.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'll be there too.....shorts? Not too likely.

Susan