Friday 27 March 2015

Walks - March 28 - April 1, 2015



Join us on Sat. Mar. 28 at Tim's at 8:00am. Training distances are as follows: 16K for Big Sur and GoodLife; 14K for KW Half; 12K for Niagara Women’s half. Week night distances are 8 and 6ish! Others are welcome to walk the distance that feels right for you.

Mid week evenings: Mon. at Loblaws; Wed. at Occasions (and it is Doc Soup night as well). Sign in and check the blog before heading out.

Announcements from Libby - Sat. Apr 4 is Harry’s Spring Run. A large number of Shore Things will walk in support of Ian Brown and prostate Cancer. Race start is 10am. Race kit pick up is at the Runner’s Shop at Bloor and Avenue Road starting Wed. Ruth and Libby are willing to pick up race kits Thursday night if you send one of us your information. The kits can be picked up from Libby at High Park on race day or perhaps at a central drop-off in the east end on Friday. Please contact Libby or Ruth with your information if you want them to pick up your kit.

There is race day pick-up at High Park.
 
Likely there will be a very small group walking from Tim's next Saturday of those unable to participate in the Harry's.
 
See you Saturday.
 

20 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

See you Saturday at Tim's.

Helen said...

See you Saturday for 16K.

The following Saturday is a race, but I need to do a longer distance -- particularly as I'll miss the next two weekends. I know it's Easter, but would anyone be interested in a long walk to complement the 8K on Saturday? Walking to High Park?

P Dawn said...

Beautiful photo. What is is, and where is it?

I will be at Tim's on Saturday morning.

Next Saturday I'll be at Harry's but sorry, Helen, I don't think I'll be joining you for that extra distance.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out tomorrow at Tim's, but I am looking forward to the Harry's 8k next weekend; we need to think about doing a brunch after the race; maybe back at the Sunset Grill at Coxwell/Danforth? Have a great weekend everyone!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday and hoping to put in some distance - 14 or more with friends.

Susan

Joan said...

I have been missing in action for several weeks and will again this week. I had thought about the Harry Rosen race, I have not been out much so my time would be horrible. I thnk I will hold off till April 11. See you all then and have a great race on the 4th!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm back and will be out tomorrow for 8-10k...see you in the morning.
Sheila

Trish said...

The plan is to bundle up (so much for Spring) and see you all at Tim's in the morning.

Anonymous said...

See you at Tim's.
I would like to know where is that photo was taken?
Val

Kim said...

Just wondering who is walking tonight. I plan to. I believe Jenny, who came out on Saturday, will be coming out tonight as well.

Helen said...

Bob and I hope to be out on Monday evening. See you at 7 for 6-8K.

Anonymous said...

I may not make it - still in Burlington at 5;15. Leaving now and hope to walk but don't wait for me.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I am planning to come out tonight
Leverne

Jan said...

I'm on my way

Anonymous said...

I'll be there for sure.
Susan

Helen said...

Hi, everyone -- I won't be out on Wednesday. Not Doc Soup for me, but I'm delivering a veggies talk at the Coxwell TPL, in case anyone is interested.

FYI for the Harry's crew, Olwyn and I are making team ribbons for everyone. We'll bring them to the race on Saturday morning.

Helen said...

P.S. For anyone crazy I mean committed enough to want to add distance to the Harry's race, Bob and I will be leaving our place at 8 am on Saturday and walking to High Park. You're welcome to join us. (What does this say about our mental state?)

Helen said...

I mean commitment.

Anonymous said...

I'm hotdocing it tonight.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! Dawn Brown and I will find you all at High Park tomorrow. We will meet at baggage check at 9:45.
Alexis