Thursday 19 March 2015

Walks - March 21 - March 25

Feeling the love
Join us on the first Saturday of spring, at 8 am, at Tim's. Promises to be a great day for walking any distance of your choice. For those training ...lace up those sneakers as GoodLife and Big Sur walk 14K this weekend. K-W is 12K and Niagara is 10K - or, just round it up and do 14 - why not?
 
Don't worry if you've taken the winter off - this is the ideal time to join us again. I won't mention you by name, of course, but hope to see you Sat.
Training during the week should be 8K one night and 6K the other. Usually Monday at Loblaws; Wednesday at Occasions with some gentle hills. Check the blog.
A special shout out to those with health challenges - we think of you and miss you - Debbie, Ian, and Frances.
 
Announcements:
Sporting Life registration just went up this week!
Please let Libby know of any race interests !

Where were these signs when we needed them? 


23 comments:

P Dawn said...

Beautiful photo. Thanks.

I hope to be at Tim's tomorrow morning at 8.00.

Olwyn said...

Love the 'love' photo!
I'll be out tomorrow morning at Tim's for a (gulp) 14k....training for the Goodlife.

Trish said...

I am hoping to get back in step tomorrow morning. Can't promise distance or speed.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Sat. hoping to do 14 km.

Susan

Lou-ANN said...

Won't be out tomorrow, enjoy the beautiful morning walk! I had a couple of lovely walks this week with more Shore Things pals.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be out for 14K.

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow - not sure I can guarantee 14K!! Maybe if the weather is nice....

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow - not sure I can guarantee 14K!! Maybe if the weather is nice....

Jan said...

I've been looking at routes - if we go Boardwalk then we have to go to the bottom of Warden to get 14. If we do the spit, go the long way round on the way there, the short way on the back, then Commissioners to Carlaw to Lakeshore and back to Tim's. Or we could head to Rosedale via Riverdale farm etc. Thoughts??

Sharon KJ said...

How 'bout we circle Tim's a few times and call it a day?

No?...Ok, see you for 14k.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

Spit will be too muddy and wet. either of the other suggestions sound great.

Susan

Helen said...

How about the Rosedale route for a change?

Jan said...

Anybody planning on going out tonight (cold weather notwithstanding)??

I plan to be out - working from home today so i am here

Helen said...

I plan to bundle up and walk tonight -- I think Bob is coming, too. Have heard from Kim that she's unable to walk this evening.

Last I heard, Susan was planning to be out. TBC.

Kim said...

I am sorry--can't come tonight. Going to my friend's 10th anniversary at A.A.

See you Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for posting so late, but I'm not walking tonight
Leverne

Anonymous said...

just in case there's any doubt, I won't be walking tonight due to rain
Leverne

Helen said...

I think the rain might pass. If it isn't raining this evening, I could use the walk. Hope others sign in.

Kim said...

I'm walkings. See you at Occasions.

Jan said...

I could go out...

Anonymous said...

I'm not coming out until the weather has returned to normal for this time of year!
Lynne

Kim said...

I can go over to your place, Jan and Helen.

Jan said...

Since Bob is running late and it looks like just Bob and Helen and you, Kim and I that might work. Meet at Helen's at 7?? Susan????