Thursday 26 February 2015

Reaching for memories of spring?
Please join us on Saturday for a very brisk walk, leaving from Tim's at 8:00 am. It might be brisk, again. For those training, you have more of a challenge: Good Life racers need to walk 14K and K-W 12K. weekday distances should be at least 6K on any 2 nights. This winter weather has been quite the challenge for training and building endurance for races.
 
Mid-week walks are Monday, Loblaws at 7:00 and Wednesday, Occasions at 7:00 - both nights doing 6 kms. Cold weather and evening walks seem to work against each other, but do join us if you are able. This Wed. is also Doc Soup so some of us have a perfect reason to skip can't join you for  your walk in the cold. Please sign in on the blog so others know where you'll be and when.
 
Announcements: from Libby: For those of you not committed to a race, do think of registering for either the Yonge Street 10K or Spring Life 10K. As long as you manage 8K on a Saturday, either of theses races are quite doable and both are fun! It is nice to garner a medal or 2 each year for our efforts! Harry’s Spring Fling is coming soon so be sure to add a hill or two to your weekly walks! You would be amazed at what Ruth and I have endured in hill classes with Lee on Saturday- quite the workout!
One more: Register by February 28th to Guarantee Your Shirt Size for the GoodLife Fitness Toronto Marathon!
Several walkers are away enjoying France, Portugal, southern islands, skiing - have a wonderful time wherever you are.
 
Birdman - best picture - really???

Shoes at Dawn's front door during our brunch
 
 


15 comments:

Olwyn said...

Fun pics, Susan! Also, a nice slip about having an excuse to miss Wednesday night's walk...hmmmm....! I'll be out tomorrow morning at Tim's for a very brisk walk!

Anonymous said...

I'm nursing a cold so tucking in with pots of tea today and will see how I feel tomorrow.
Sheila

Lou-Ann said...

I plan on walking from Tim's on Saturday...see you then.

Helen said...

14K, eh? Well, I'm in, I think. If we go east, that's all the way to Warden – and those turning at the end of the boardwalk can see those wonderful art installations we explored last week. I'd recommend it (even if it does mean a hill at Fallingbrook).

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday and hope to get some kms in. Feel like I've been too housebound all month.

Susan

Olwyn said...

Hi All, I'll be walking a bit later in the day, so please don't wait for me. Have a good one!

Sharon KJ said...

I have hopes and dreams of meeting at Tim's this morning.

SKJ (The Drama Queen)

Anonymous said...

I will join you all for coffee after the walk.

Barb

Helen said...

I could do 6K on Monday evening. Anyone else? Hopefully, it won't be too slippery or windy. If no one signs in, I could be tempted to go for the dome. Speak up, Shore Things!

Jan said...

I'm up for it - if no-one else is going we could go earlier maybe?? How about Bob?? I'm home now.

Anonymous said...

I'm home and could go anytime and would enjoy the walk tonight (for a change) Almost feeling like spring.

Susan

Helen said...

Bob's on his way home. We're happy to go earlier – from home? Seems like no one else has signed in.

Helen said...

Oh, Susan. Our messages must have crossed.

Helen said...

So how about Loblaws at 6:30?

Anonymous said...

I'll be there!


Susan