Thursday 19 February 2015

Walks - Sat. Feb. 21 - Wed. Feb. 25

Familiar footpath
Once again, there is nothing I can say to improve the weather, so let's just move on. Join us on Sat. at 8:00 am at Tim's and let's pretend we'll walk before coffee. For those training, Libby says: for Goodlife it is 12 K Saturday and for KW...yes Alexis!...you need to walk 8K. All others may choose your distance and Yaktrax may be necessary as warmer weather is bringing snow...Seems we can’t win this year.
Mid-week walks are Monday & Wednesday - daytime folks connect with each other; evening folks meet at Loblaws on Mon; Occasions on Wed. Both nights at 7:00 pm. Please use the blog so other's know your intentions.
 
Below are a few reminders from Libby...
KW Walking Classic  (May 10) is open for registration. There are rooms at a special group rate at the Delta and organizers Sue and Dave are busy finalizing details on a pasta dinner there the night before the race. This race is one of the TWO races in North America that is only for walkers! . There is also a 10k event and 5k event. Both of these distances should be manageable based on our weekly walks.
The other walker-only race is The New Albany Walking Classic. We know several people who have signed up! This race sells out quickly. If you are registering, register as a competitor. Believe me…you will be fast enough.
The Toronto 10K (April 19) race offers a walk division and the Canada Running Series, host of the race, is committed to supporting the walkers in every way: separate start, back bib, separate results, awards.
Hugs to Trish, our friend - thinking of you and your family. Trish's Mom suffered a serious stroke.

 


15 comments:

Joan said...

I will be away with my kids and grandbaby. Be warm. Trish, I am sorry to read the news about your Mom. Hope you are with friends.

P Dawn said...

I won't be able to join you at Tim's tomorrow morning but as it is going to be "warm" tomorrow, I hope you all enjoy your walk.

Dawn

Helen said...

Oh my, do I ever need a walk! I can even do 12K, if no one is looking for speed.

There's an art installation beside the boardwalk I'd love to see. Maybe we can do that route this Saturday?

Olwyn said...

Trish, thinking of you and your Mum. I'll be walking from closer to home Saturday morning, but happy walking to all; and bundle up!

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tomorrow. Enjoy!

SKJ

Lou-Ann said...

Oh my, I won't be out walking either. I'm sure it will be a beautiful walk in balmy weather...do enjoy; I'm sorry to miss it. Hope to see you next week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone! Since my driver is away I'll be sleeping
in tomorrow.... But I did pay attention to your prompt
Susan! I promise to clock 8 k on the treadmill tomorrow!
Ill clock it on my shiny new Polar Loop;) Safe
walking everyone... It might be slick!
Alexis

Charlotte S said...

I will not be out tomorrow as I have foot issues. Happy trails to those who venture out.

Helen said...

Imagine me cursing as I write this: If it's as [expletive deleted] cold as is predicted on Monday evening, you will find me at the dome, and not at Loblaws.

Anonymous said...

I need to work Monday night so I won't be out. Keep warm.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight, maybe not until spring has sprung!
Lynne

Helen said...

It's so cold tonight, that even the thought of walking to the dome discourages us. We're going to walk on Tuesday, early, instead – as soon as Bob gets home. Light, a little warmer, and saves us $18. Takers?

Helen said...

Winter 2015, you're being ridiculous.

Helen said...

A lonely little cry in the Arctic wilderness to see if anyone wants to walk on Wednesday evening.

Helen said...

I take it the answer is no, so I'll get on my exercise bike and avoid being chilled on my own.