Thursday 15 January 2015

Walks - Sat. Jan. 17 - Wed. Jan. 21

Winter & water walks
 
Join us on Saturday at 8:00 am at Tim's. This is a great time of year to come out and begin again....if you have wandered a bit off the path. Any distance is good, especially in the winter months. No pressure; just friendship....so please join us. Some will likely do up to 10; most will do less. Most will have coffee and chat after. It's all good.
 
Mid week walks on Monday and Wednesday - day time group knows to check in with each other. Evening group please check the blog. Loblaws (Monday) and Occasions (Wednesday) - both nights are weather permitting. We sometimes change the time and/or the location, so wise to check before heading out.
 
A very special thanks to Dawn for hosting and feeding us last Saturday. It was lovely - lots of conversation and food and friends to share it with.
 
Best wishes to Margie and Rainer who are at the Bermuda triangle this weekend! We are all envious of their trip to warmer climes.
 
Announcements from Libby: Remember to sign up for Harry’s Spring Run-off. We plan to race together as a team in support of Ian Brown but you will sign in as an individual.
Let me know of any races you sign up for.
I will be walking 10K Sunday as required for Big Sur schedule. If anyone wishes to join me, let me know when and where to meet.
 


20 comments:

Joan said...

Once again I will be a no show, going away with 14 of our closest friends to a bungalow in snow country. First there tomorrow gets the beds the rest are on air mattresses on the floor, I am leaving here about dawn I think. Hope next week I will be walking. Enjoy this weekend, sounds like a great one weather wise.

Anonymous said...

Libby, I don't have your email, but I have signed up for Harry's.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Dawn for such a lovely brunch! I will see y'all tomorrow at Tim's for a distance of something less than 10.
Alexis

Trish said...

I won't be out tomorrow morning. We are taking my mom out for a birthday brunch (Her birthday was September). Have a good walk.

Olwyn said...

Trish, it's never too early to take your mum out for her birthday brunch...! I'll be at Tim's in the morning for an 8 ~ 10k, followed by coffee and friends!

Olwyn said...

Also, Susan; lovely photos; one beautiful and one fun!

P Dawn said...

I won't be joining you tomorrow morning as I'm giving a family birthday dinner at my house. Cooking a turkey as we didn't have that at Christmas.

If temperatures keep on like this I may not be out walking again until May!

Thanks for loads of help I had last Saturday getting brunch and cleaning, after peoples' ten minute walk!!!

Helen said...

I'm counting on a walk on Saturday, and might be tempted to go the full 10K. Bob still recovering, but hopes to arrive in time for coffee.

Susan said...

I'll be out on Saturday and hope to see you there.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Not walking Monday night - I'm fighting with a cold and I plan to win! May join again on Wed.
Susan

Kim said...

Is anyone walking tonight (Monday?). If so, I will join you.

Kim

Jan said...

I plan on walking tonight and so does Helen.

Kim said...

Great. See you at 7!

Anonymous said...

Neither Leverne or I will be out tonight.
Lynne

Helen said...

Jan couldn't walk Wednesday evening, so she and I went out in the morning instead. And Bob is still in recovery mode. So I guess we'll see you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I'm fighting another cold so don't want to walk when it's cold and damp. Hope to see you guys on Saturday.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

and Lynne's not walking either
Leverne

Joan said...

Not sure I will make it, have to sign up for something and it opens at 8am Saturday. Sigh.

Joan said...

Not sure I will make it, signing up for something and the signup does not start till 8am Saturday morning. Sigh.

Joan said...

I am signing up for the Harry Rosen 8k, would like to go with the group.