Friday 23 January 2015

Walks - January 24 - January 28

Margy & Marilyn
 
Join us on Saturday (milder weather guaranteed) for 10 km or less starting at Tim's at 8:00 am. There are a few folks that we haven't seen for  awhile. I encourage you to join us again while the distances are shorter.  Mon. and Wed.: day time walkers connect through Dawn. Evenings at 7:00 pm; Mon. from Loblaws; Wed. from Occasions. Check the blog. Please join us.
 
Announcements from Libby: Wishing our Robbie Burns walkers an amazing race. Forecast weather looks kind - Enjoy your oatmeal.
Helen and Bob are committed to Niagara International Half on Oct. 25th. Check it out - will you join them? (see Race Interests List)
We have almost 20 signed up for Harry’s Spring Fling. Let's walk as a team. More on this closer to the date.
from Dawn: TKO’s brunch. There are spaces left for brunch on Feb. 1st. Let Charlotte know if you'd like to join us. If you haven't paid, Charlotte will be at Tim's collecting $18 cash. Yes, she has change. This is always a fun occasion with excellent food. Looking forward to it.
 
from Rainer: Back from beautiful Bermuda .... with sore feet and tired legs .... 3 races in 3 days but we have 4 medals for the effort . Margy and I did the 1 mile race Friday, 10km Saturday, half marathon Sunday ..... lovely island ... wonderful people ... great support from the locals who came out to support the runners and walkers ...

I attached a pic of Marilyn who was visiting from BC ..... there was also a large group of Toronto Power Walkers .... a great weekend. Well done!

 
 


17 comments:

P Dawn said...

congratulations Margy and Rainer. Three races in three days - no wonder Margy is now limping!

I will be at Tim's tomorrow morning but don't seem to be able to walk far these days......

Anonymous said...

I plan to be there too. See you all tomorrow.
Sheila

Olwyn said...

Great photos, and congrats to Margy, Rainer and Marilyn! I'll be out tomorrow morning at Tim's for an amusing 8k.

Trish said...

I won't be out tomorrow. Joining Cheryl to do the Robbie Burns on Sunday. See you all next week.

Libby said...

Great photos Margy and Rainer. Ruth and I will be doing hills in high park tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone at brunch

Lou-Ann said...

I remembered to answer the blog this week...I will see you Saturday morning at Tim's. Congrats Margy and Rainer!

Anonymous said...

Unable to join you on Sat. Having trouble shaking this cold of mine. Better to stay home i think. Enjoy your walk.

See you next week.

Susan

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out this morning.

SKJ

Helen said...

Jan and I will be walking Saturday and Bob plans to join us all later for coffee.

Jan said...

I am going to make an executive decision right now - because of the weather and the stuff I have to do before I go away I won't be out tonight.

Helen said...

I can't make it to Loblaws Monday night, so if I go out it will be a local walk, if anyone would like to join me.

Kim said...

Hi Helen: It turns out I can't join you tonight because I have to complete some work for tomorrow.
Kim

Anonymous said...

It's too cold for me and Lynne tonight.
Leverne

Helen said...

All right. I get the hint. Can't convince my husband out tonight, either, so I'll have to see you on Wednesday. If you walk, stay warm and safe.

Eileen said...

I'll be out for the Wed walk. In preparation for the Harry Spring Run Off, can we start at Occasions and do some gentle slopes? Helen, would you like a ride?

Eileen said...

Congratulations to Margie and Reiner! What an accomplishment!

Helen said...

I'm going to nurse my cold for one more day, so sadly won't be joining the walk on Wednesday. See you Saturday.