Thursday 29 January 2015

Robbie Burn's Day race
This weekend, we have two choices:
1. meet on Sat., at Tim's, at 8:00 am for 10 km or less.
2. meet on Sun, at Earl Haig Public school, at 8:30, for 10 km or less, followed by brunch just up the street at TKOs. The school is at 15 Earl Haig (across from Bob & Helen's). Sunday may have slightly warmer (relatively speaking) weather. Please sign the blog so people know your intentions.
 
Midweek walks - day time walkers know to connect through Dawn. Evening walkers gather at 7:00 pm - Monday at Loblaws; Wednesday at Occasions (except for those attending Doc Soup). Distance is usually about 6 km. Again, please sign in.
 
For those walking in Portugal or New Zealand - what can we say - enjoy!
 
Announcements: from Dawn - bacon is on the grill - join us on Sunday at TKOs as 10 am. Location Danforth, 3 doors east of Coxwell; north side. Still time to say you'll join us. Tell Dawn; pay Charlotte ($18 cash). Thanks for organizing this event, Dawn and Charlotte.
 
from Libby: I certainly welcome the brunch this Sunday to see my Shore Things friends...This weeks mileage for Rainer- if he still plans on Sarnia Hypothermic??? is 16K for Saturday.  Soon the Chilly Half training kicks in but so far, no one has registered.
We have a huge contingent of Shore Things walking for Ian in Harry’s Spring Run-off and the price increased today! Saturday is the last time to register for the Goodlife Half  on May 3rd before price increase.
Everyone has been wonderful in letting me know about your races so “Thank You”
 
from Rainer: Save the date for the New Albany Walking Classic, Sept. 13, 2015. Registration opens Feb. 1st.
 
For the record, sometime the font otpions don't cooperate.
t3th, 2015,
Annual New Albany Walking Classic
 
 


22 comments:

debbie said...

Love that diagram about the brain, Susan. Wonder what it looks like after an hour's walk?

The diagram has spurred me to plan to be out walking both Saturday and Sunday, but likely just 5 or 6 km each time.

Looking forward to schmoozing over breakfast at TKOs Sunday!

Trish said...

I would prefer Saturday morning as I will be out late Saturday evening!!!!!!!!!!!

Libby said...

If anyone is willing to do 10K Sunday, I will meet them at Earl Haig at 8:15, otherwise I will walk to TKO from home

P Dawn said...

I will be out walking whichever day Lou-Ann is walking! If she wants to join Debbie for short distances both days I'd do that too.

But the cold weather really impacts on my breathing, so my distances won't be far!!!!

Eileen said...

I will be out for a walk Sunday morning at Earle Haig. 8:30?
Breakfast at TKO's will be on my mind during the walk. I hope it doesn't cancel out the benefits of exercise!

Anonymous said...

HI Everyone!
I'm gonna sleep in tomorrow (Sat)and hit the gym for some indoor walking later in the day. I'll see you all at TKO's at 10 on Sunday!
Alexis

Kim said...

I would like to walk tomorrow morning (Saturday) if other people will be there.

Kim

Olwyn said...

Alas, I'm working all weekend, so won't make it out for walks or the brunch. Have fun; stay warm, and eat lots; see you next week!

Helen said...

I'll be walking on Sunday and Bob will be out for the first time in weeks. Will plan a route with different distances, up to 10K. See you ready to leave no later than 8:30.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be out on Saturday for whatever distance my friends and weather dictate...looking forward to our brunch on Sunday. Thanks for organizing Dawn!

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out Saturday morning.

SKJ

Trish said...

Changing my mind, won't be out Saturday morning. See you all at TKO's.

Anonymous said...

I'm walking over to TKO's with Alexis on Sun, so won't be out Saturday.
Leverne

Libby said...

I'll walk from home. See everyone at brunch

Anonymous said...

I know it goes without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway, I won't be walking tonight.
Leverne

PS - my guess is Lynne won't be out either

Anonymous said...

And I was looking forward to a nice walk....

Anonymous said...

That was me, Lynne 😄

Kim said...

I won't be walking tonight because of the snow. I got lots of exercise shovelling.

Kim

Helen said...

I also got a lot of exercise shovelling this morning, and racked up half of my day's FitBit steps. If we walk, it will probably be locally -- or maybe even at the Monarch Park domes. So, Lynne, c'mon over!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Helen, but my message was typed with heavy sarcasm....

Lynne

Eileen said...

Is anyone walking Wed night?

Eileen said...

Cancel my previous questions! I've decided to go to the gym instead.