Friday 6 February 2015

Walks - Sat. Feb. 7 - Wed. Feb. 11

The newly weds - welcome home
Join us Saturday for a crisp stroll leaving Tim's at 8:00 am for any distance of your choosing. It might be brisk!
 
This is the best time of year to join us if you have been absent as our distances are reasonable .... we're expecting you on Saturday. I noticed that some people enjoy brunch without the walking!
 
Mid-week walks: daytime group organize themselves through Dawn. Evening group meet Mon. at Loblaws at 7:00; Wed. at Occasions. Please sign in the blog to let others know your intentions. 
 
Great brunch last Sunday - thanks so much to Dawn & TKOs for the yummy spread and for organizing it.
 
Announcements: from Charlotte - Interested in mittens made in Taloyoak, Nunavut? Cost $50 with fur; $40 without fur.  Colours: red or deep purple. I'm asking if they be made a bit longer in the cuff. At Tim's on Sat, if anyone wants to try them on.
 
From Libby: Canada Army Run Registration Open
Sunday, September 20 in Ottawa. Early bird rates until May 31st.  A Shore things favourite. Let Libby your interest.
New Albany Walking Classic  “ A Walker ONLY Race"!
Registration open. Sign up as soon as you can. Ponder points:
1. The Walk sells out quickly. 
2. Early bird discounts will be in effect through Feb. 14th.
3. Giveaways will be abundant: include an awesome hooded jacket.
4. Changes: option to sign up as a competitor or non-competitor. 
From Ruth: there is a free Women's Self Defense course (two Saturdays) at Centre 55 (Main & Gerrard). Check with Ruth or Centre 55 for details.
 
Joan - I didn't receive your message re: knitted hats!
 
 
 


20 comments:

P Dawn said...

Good photos, great subjects!! And it was a lovely brunch as usual. What a group!

I'll be at Tim's tomorrow morning for a short distance. It will be even shorter if the weather forecast is correct.

Helen said...

I believe training for the Goodlife Half starts this week, so I'll be trying my darnedest for 8K, dressed for the weather.

Joan said...

Susan, sorry, technology got me. I am working on a good picture, coming soon I hope.
Thank you for the brunch, the food was great and the company could not be better.
I have to miss tomorrow, cannot be in two places at once but I am also going to do the Goodlife so I will try to get my 8k in on Sunday.
Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Tim's tomorrow....for a shorter distance like 6....or maybe 8?
See you then!
Oh and thanks to everyone who organized the Brunch at TK'S .It was yummy food and excellent company!
Alexis

Helen said...

Me again. Actually, I have to sign up for something online at precisely 8am. So while I'll be at Tim's, I might be setting off a few minutes later than the group, and will be looking for company.

Olwyn said...

Planning to be out tomorrow at Tim's, if the weather isn't too bad! Fingers crossed ~

Trish said...

Hoping all those hourly forecasts of <1cm snow overnight don't add up to the 5 -8cm they keep talking about. Hope to be out tomorrow for 8k providing it's not too slippery under foot.

Lou-Ann said...

I will see my other brave friends walking tomorrow, like Dawn's says, might be shorter depending on weather! Great brunch last week!!

Sharon KJ said...

I'll hang with you Helen.

SKJ

Trish said...

I am picking up Eileen We will be there even if it turns out to be short with coffee.

Anonymous said...

Monday night - not coming Monday or Wednesday....again.

Susan

Helen said...

As Susan is unavailable on Monday, would anyone else be willing to meet at our place rather than Loblaws? I'll check back closer to walk time.

Anonymous said...

I'm not walking tonight
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Ditto
Lynne

Helen said...

Bob just came home tired, so if I'm walking alone, I'd rather do it in daylight. See you Wednesday.

Kim said...

Sorry, Helen. I should have checked earlier. Just got home but have to go to Telus tonight. Kim

Helen said...

I'd be up for going to the dome on Wednesday evening. Any takers?

Helen said...

No one for the dome?

Helen said...

Okay, I'll assume that no one else is coming out tonight, so I'll stay put. Keep warm, and see you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

sorry Helen, I was out and forgot to blog.
Leverne