Thursday 1 January 2015

Walks Jan 3 - Jan 7 2015

Glam Santa
 
Happy New Year to all - may it be healthy and filled with the joy of family and friends and things that matter....like walking with friends.
 
Join us Saturday at 8:00 am at Tim's and let's try to walk off some of the season's delightful calories....some of which have found their way to my hips (again). The distance is whatever suits you, especially if it is cold, although Libby needs to do 10 km - company is welcomed.  It is a perfect time to join in, if you have be absent for awhile. We'd love to see you Sat.
 
Monday and Wednesday for the mid-week walks will be mornings (this group knows where & when) or evenings at 7:00 pm (Monday - Loblaws; Wed. - Shopper's?). Wed. is also Doc Soup so some will be absent. Check the blog before heading out.
 
Announcements from Norma: Results from today's Hair of the Dog Race at Balmy Beach Club - 3 Shore Things competed; Norma, Rainer & David
- Rainer came first in men's power walking category; David second.  
- Norma came in first-women's power category finishing 9k in 72 minutes
Overall race participation was small - either due to cold temps or too much drinking the night before!  Congratulations to our 3 stars!
from Rainer: Robbie Burns 8 km Road Race - Jan 25, 2015-36th Anniversary - sign up and have a goal to get you out in Jan.
 
from Libby: Hear ye, hear ye...Olwyn, Cheryl, Eva and Trish have all committed to a batch of races- Robbie Burns, Harry’s, Yonge street 10K,Corning Half, and Niagara Women’s to name a few. Well done ladies!!
 Margy and Rainer are off soon for their Bermuda Triangle so the group is off to a racing start for 2015.
 
This sounds like a challenge to get the rest of us off the couch.
 

Please join us Sat and start the New Year off right! Sign in on the blog.
 
 
 
 


15 comments:

Olwyn said...

Thanks Susan; and hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year so far! I'll be out Saturday morning for the first walk of the year; see you then!

Trish said...

Happy New Year! I plan to be out Saturday morning to kick off a good year of walking.

Lou-Ann said...

Yahoooo, I will be out as well; and plan on bringing my "island" friend too!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home "island friend" and Happy New Year to you all!
I'll be there tomorrow morning, our ski bus is cancelled, hoping somebody is willing to walk less than 10km.

Val

P Dawn said...

I think I'm the 'island friend' coming with Lou-Ann.

Also, I'd like to invite everyone to walk from my house next Saturday, and return to coffee and brunch like stuff afterwards. Please let me now if you are interested so I have numbers. No thanks, I don't need anything..........

Libby said...

I plan to be out Saturday for 10K training. looking forward to a friend or two to join me!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out Saturday (honestly). Libby - willing to do 10 but I'm slow these days with a wonky knee. You may get a better offer.

Susan

Stacey said...

Happy New Year everyone! I'll be out tomorrow morning to do as much as I can. I thought I'd start the year off right! For those who may be looking, Eddie Bauer has fleece lined yoga-like pants for half off $80 (so $40) and they are very comfortable. Just sayin'... See you tomorrow.

Ruth said...

I'll be out tomorrow and planning to do 10K.

Glad to see that Lou-Ann will be escaping the kitchen and that our world travelers have returned to Toronto.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be coming this morning.

Barb

Helen said...

It's Monday, and we're torn between needing a walk tonight and wimping out due to the cold. Let's see what others say…

Jan said...

Hmm - I opened The Weather Network and the header is:

Bursts of snow, icy surfaces and biting cold Monday

Sounds like a lot of fun! However I complained to Monarch Park about my expired tickets and they have left me 4 free passes at the door, so we could go there tonight....

Anonymous said...

I'm home and could walk but...if you want to go to Monarch Park, I'll just walk from here while it is still light.

Just going to have a tea and check back in 10 mins or so.

Either option is fine with me.
Susan

Anonymous said...

going to walk from home - can walk and do an errand a the same time. Keep warm

Susan

Helen said...

Monarch for me.