Friday 26 December 2014

Walks - Sat. Dec. 27th - Wed. Dec. 31st.

Wishing everyone the best of the season -
I hope you enjoyed time with family & friends
 
It's back to reality and walking on Saturday morning at Tim's at 8:00 am. Join us for 8 brisk kms (or less), coffee and then we're on our way. Let's take advantage of the lack of snow and ice - I fear this is a temporary situation.
 
Mid-week walks are usually Monday and Wednesday. Check the blog to see who's interested, when and where. It is a bit awkward with holiday schedules...
 
Announcements: from Rainer...Robbie Burns 8 km race is Jan. 25th in Burlington. Only a few spots left. Yes, there is a category for walkers. Check the website and sign up.
 
from Libby...Resolution run is Sunday for a few of us. I will need to walk 8K this Saturday but appears no other race training required at the moment.
fall photo from the spit

19 comments:

Trish said...

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. Treated myself to new shoes to start the 2015 training season. Need to walk (more like waddle) Saturday morning to rid myself of some excess calories. See you all at 8.

Libby said...

Hope to see you all tomorrow at 8..

Eileen said...

I'll be there on Saturday .... Finally!

Lou-Ann said...

I am hosting a Cox family Christmas tomorrow so won't be able to make it, anyone walking Monday night and from where? Hope everyone's Christmas was/is magical!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 8:00. See some of you then.

Lou Ann - I look forward to the time when you join us again. Enjoy the family gathering.

Susan

Charlotte S said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow at 8 for 8ish, need to work off the turkey!

Joan said...

I hope to see you all next week, have a good walk and a Happy New Year.
Joan

Jan said...

I did get a fitbit and I do need to walk off the calories but we still have company so I won't be at Tim's tomorrow - hopefully some time on Monday if anyone is going. I'll check back.

Olwyn said...

See you at 8 on Saturday; need to walk off Christmas!

Trish said...

Anyone want to join us at Tim's (Leslie/Lakeshore) Monday morning 9:30?

Anonymous said...

I decided to sleep in on Saturday and missed seeing everyone.

I can't walk Monday morning or evening - going out of town just for the day visiting some friends....but will be back in action soon.

Glad to hear about your fitbit Jan. We can be fitbit buddies and motivate each other....starting in the new year.

I can walk Wednesday morning if anyone is interested.

Susan

Helen said...

I can't walk this morning -- I have a meeting. But, depending on how I get through today, I might be able to go for a short one on Monday evening.

Wednesday morning sounds good to me right now.

Trish said...

Join us Wednesday morning, 9:30 at Tim's 2 for our last walk of the year!

Helen said...

Overdid it today in my first day back on my feet. So I won be out Monday evening, but hope to be at Tim's 2 on New Year's Eve morning.

Libby said...

I'd like to join the walkers from Tim's tomorrow am. What time? And which Tim's?

Helen said...

Libby, Tim's 2 is at Victoria Park & Gerrard and Trish suggests 9:30 am. See you there!

Anonymous said...

I hope to join the walk on Wed. am....see you then.

Susan

Jan said...

Ill be there Wed am

Libby said...

will Not be able to join you this am. Happy New year!
See you Saturday