Thursday 18 December 2014

Walks - Sat. Dec. 20 - Wed. Dec. 24

'Tis the season....and we need to walk if we plan to indulge in some of the treats, so be sure to join us on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. I know it is a busy time of year.....but come, walk, join us for coffee, and we will be on our way. Libby needs company for 10 km.

Mid week walks - I'm going to suggest Monday morning (?) and evening (Loblaws). Check the blog for location and company. Wednesday morning may work for some - say 9:00 am and check the blog first for location and company.

Some years, we have walked on Boxing Day morning. Sign in, if you are interested...9:00 am at Tim's 2 - my suggestion for a meeting spot.

Announcements - from Dawn:  TKO’s brunch - I am wondering if people would be interested in doing a TKO’s brunch early in the new year.    If so, I'll arrange it with Mary probably end of Jan. or early Feb. Let Dawn know or use to blog to do so.

Harry’s Spring Run -  We cannot register as a team as hoped, but we can register individually and be a team doing this for Ian.    There are currently five people registered and I hope we can get a good sized group doing this event.   It’s only 8k and they usually have a good loot bag!!    Lets get together and do this and maybe have brunch or something after wards………..   Remember to let Libby know when you have registered.

from Kathleen via Sharon: A message from Kathleen Kirkham about a race in Picton (many local locations, as well). It is a very short distance but a good cause - a walk for Alzheimers Society in Picton on January 31 from 1-3. The website is: www.walkformemories.ca Nice to hear from you, Kathleen.

from Libby:
As the holidays approach with all the good treats I am sure we will all welcome a walk this week!
Rainer - committed to the Hypothermic? How far do you need to walk?  
Santa Race was enjoyed by all the Merry HoHoHo’ers in their large Suits!
 

Hope to see you Saturday
 


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be still walking on the beach for a few days....
Val

P Dawn said...

Ill be off to Jamaica tomorrow so won't see you until (hopefully) the 3rd January. Marry Christmas to you all.

Libby said...

Merry Christmas to the vacationers Dawn and Val
I plan to be at Tim's tomorrow for 10K

Olwyn said...

I'll be out at Tim's tomorrow for a fast 6k; then a quick coffee and off to finish my Christmas shopping, and prep the house for guests...ah!...'tis the season!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Olwyn, for supporting the Canadian economy :-)

I'll be out tomorrow for 10K.

I'll be happy to walk mornings next week - I'll watch the blog to see if anyone else is walking.

Ruth

Helen said...

10K sounds good to me. See you at Tim's at 8 am. Haven't decided about the rest of the week yet.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out on Saturday.
And happy to walk some mornings during the next two weeks. Will check in on the blog.

Enjoy vacations - wherever they take you.

Susan

Trish said...

i will be out this morning and will join Olwyn for a quick 6k.

Anonymous said...

I'd walk Monday evening (have to work in the morning). I'd love some company. I'll check later in the afternoon. If no responses, I'll just pretend I went from home.

Susan

Trish said...

Susan, there was talk Saturday morning of meeting Monday morning at Tim's Leslie and lakeshore at 9:30 for a fast 5k and coffee. I hope to be out for the fresh air.

Helen said...

Jan and I can come for a short walk on Monday evening, Susan.

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'll be there for sure, Helen and Jan. See you at 7:00 - thanks for letting me know.

Susan

Helen said...

Where and when did we decide to walk on Wednesday morning? If it isn't too rainy, I might be up for it.

Helen said...

Okay, it's 11 pm and no one has signed in for tomorrow morning so I'll assume that you're all staying snug at home. Merry Christmas to all!