Thursday 11 December 2014

Walks - Sat. Dec.13 - Wed. Dec. 17

Jan...
Join us Saturday for a walk starting from Tim's at 8:00 am. Any distance will do as long as you come out.
 
For those who are heading to Burlington for the Santa run - have fun! Take photos for our blog.
 
As usual, on Monday and Wednesday there are day time and evening walks. The day folks know what to do (don't call Dawn - she'll be away) and evening walkers check the blog - sometimes locations and start times vary slightly - Loblaws and (likely) Shoppers - both nights at 7:00.
 
Announcements: from Rainer Just heard that the K-W Walking classic has a new 'sponsor' hotel - new Delta 4 star in Waterloo .... sounds nice and has a good rate. About $159 per night but seems to have parking charge of $12.00 per day extra.

Would be good if we can identify who is planning on doing the K-W classic and see who wants to stay there or who wants to stay at the Waterloo Hotel across the street. I always preferred the Waterloo Hotel as it is so close to the start line and those like me that are doing the 10km can be there early to cheer the Half starters on.

Personally I would stay at the Waterloo Hotel and we could try to book the rooms as a block and book early to see if we can get a discount ... let me know what you think.
  
 
from Libby: A friendly reminder to sign up for Harry’s Spring Fling in High Park. It is only 8K and we will be doing this race is support of Ian Brown and prostate cancer.
 



16 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be at Tim's tomorrow morning.

Question - are people interested in Brunch at TKO's in Jan or February if I can arrange it? Please let me know.

Susan forgot to add this question to the blog and I am not able to write my own thing so have to add it in the comments section.

Anonymous said...

HI Folks, Dawn I'd be interested in Brunch at TKO's!
I'm registering for Harry's Spring
Walk.......should I go ahead and register myself? Or is there something special I need to do re: group/team registration. Thanks all!
Hoping to see you all in the morning! Alexis

Olwyn said...

Dawn, I'd be interested in TKO's, for sure, for brunch! I will be at the Santa run in the morning; we'll be sure to get some fun photos; if we can find ourselves in the crowd!

Olwyn said...

By the way, check out the Flickr photos from the left side of the blog; there are some wonderful ones from our end-of-year party! And be sure to see what that 'naughty Helen' is up to in the second one!! ;-)

Trish said...

Dawn - I'm up for brunch!
I'm one of the many santas racing tomorrow.

Ruth said...

To all the Santas in our group - have a great time.

I'll be at Tim's tomorrow morning. And if there's a brunch at TKO's in the offing, I'm interested. Thank you, Dawn.

Ruth

Helen said...

Brunch sounds good to me (just not on Jan. 25th). I'll be ho-ho-ho-ing tomorrow in Burlington.

Joan said...

I am coming to Loblaws Monday evening for a walk. I am also interested in brunch a TKO's, thanks Dawn, looking forward to more details.

Jan said...

I plan to be out tonight but I won't be available Wednesday night - early Christmas present for Ray, we are going to the Raptors game.

I am interested in brunch if it is before Jan 27 - we'll be away after that.

Helen said...

I'll be out on Monday, possibly with a surprise guest.

Helen said...

Oh, forgot to say:

Dawn, if you're checking the comments for TKOs, I'm also unavailable on Jan. 10th.

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in Brunch, but won't be here for the week around Christmas. I'll be out tonight at Loblaws at 7pm
Leverne

Joan said...

Oh oh, I worked in a garden today, I am cold and tired and going to have a hot bath so I will think of you people out walking. See you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tonight. See you then.

Susan

Helen said...

It's Wednesday, and I'm just back from a long (damp) walk this afternoon. Bob might be working late, and Jan has another engagement. Won't be out this evening – see you Saturday.

Anonymous said...

While I'm fighting this cold I'm not walking in the damp. See you saturday hopefully.
Leverne