Thursday 4 December 2014

Walks - Sat. Dec. 6 - Wed. Dec. 10

Friends
Join us Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am for a brisk walk - moving quickly to keep warm.  Libby needs to do 10 kms as her training is starting for her next race and she would appreciate company. Others may choose to travel less distance. But do come out. There are a few of you that haven't been seen in recent months - mentioning no names, of course.
 
Mid week walks on Monday and Wednesday offer day or evening choices. The day time group knows the routine - check with Dawn. The evening group meets at Loblaws (Monday) and Shoppers (Wednesday) at 7:00 pm. Walks are always better when shared with friends....sign in on the blog with your plan.
 
Announcements from Helen - The Corning Wineglass Race in October 2015. Helen and Bob really loved this race last fall. Please register early with a hotel room if interested as the accommodations go fast!
 
From Libby:  Robbie Burns is almost sold out...we have 2 more Shore Things registered. Anyone else interested should move quickly!
Santa suit Race in Burlington next week. Libby will go and pick up race kits next week so let her know if you want your suit pick up.
From Olwyn: There is a candy cane tea and crafts sale at Lou Ann's church (where we host the year end party)  11 am - 3 pm this Sat. Some of our very own will be selling their crafts. Let's support them.
 
 

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

As tomorrow morning I'm off to Florida.
Have a wonderful Christmas!
See you after the Holidays,
Val

Anonymous said...

Since I'm not as smart as Val, I'll be at Tim's in Toronto, tomorrow morning.

Ruth

P Dawn said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow morning, all things being equal.

"Friends" look like interesting construction workers too.

Also hoping to go to Lou-Ann's bazaar following out walk.

Olwyn said...

I won't be out Sat morning as I'll be at Lou-Ann's Candy Cane Tea and Bazaar; have a good walk, to all who are walking!

Libby said...

I plan to be out tomorrow

Anonymous said...

I cannot make the walk tomorrow morning but plan to be out next Saturday.
Have a good one.

Sheila

Anonymous said...

I'll be out tomorrow since I'm not as smart as Val. Have a great holiday, Val.

Susan

Helen said...

I'll be at Tim's on Saturday but unfortunately Bob is feeling poorly. I could do 10K, but likely not fast. See you at 8.

Joan said...

I am going to bed soon so I can be out tomorrow morning. See you at 8, not sure the distance.

Trish said...

All things being equal, I will be at Tim's for 8:00.

Anonymous said...

seems unlikely that I'll be home in time for Monday night's walk. Will check the blog if I make it home, but please don't wait for me.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I have a previous engagement tonight, so won't be out at Loblaws.
Leverne

Helen said...

I hope to be out on Monday, but Bob is still sidelined.

Jan said...

I am planning on walking - maybe we could find a nice warm mall to walk around - I have been freezing all day!

Helen said...

Looks like no one from the east-east end has signed in for Monday, so we west-eastenders will walk closer to home. It's always important to sign in, friends!

Helen said...

I'd like to walk tonight from Occasions before the snow begins in earnest. Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

I should be out tonight, I have an errand before, but expect to be back in time. Occasions is fine with me.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I would love to go early but I don't think anyone else can make it?
Lynne

Jan said...

I'm up for a.walk - but bundle up. I went out at lunch and the wind made it freezing. Occasions is fine with me.

Anonymous said...

A bunch of us are going at 6 to beat the snow from Occasions
Leverne

Helen said...

I'll be one of the bunch. See you at 6, dressed for the weather.