Friday 28 November 2014

Walks - Sat. Nov.29 - Wed. Dec. 3

Friends
Join us Saturday for a walk starting from Tim's at 8:00 am. Distance is optional and less important than getting out with friends and moving. Likely 8-10 km is a goal for some; 6 km for others; something for everyone.
 
Monday and Wednesday walks, day and evening, are waiting for you to join in. Day time walks - contact Dawn for details. Evening walks from Loblaws and Shoppers (I believe the group wants to change to Shoppers for the winter). Wed. is also Doc Soup night so there might be a few who want/need to walk on another evening. Watch the blog for details.
 
There are some (Cynthia, Cheryl, Eva, Dianne, Rob, and others) people who tease us with their presence once in awhile. I'd just like to mention that this is a great time of year to get back into the habit of walking regularly. Consider this your invitation!  And, sorry for the late post, folks.
 
Announcements: from Libby: Another reminder for anyone registered for races to let me know. We have a growing list of people committing to races next year. Helen, Olwyn, Eileen and myself are doing the fun Santa Suit race December 13th...anyone else interested?
Let’s sign up for the Harry’s Spring Run-off- only 8K and we have a team-  Shore Things Walk for Ian Brown!
from Rainer: Black Friday special discount on the registration for Cleveland's race in May on the long weekend:
Black Friday Registration Discount! Save 10% on Any Event! 
Use Code 2015CLEDEAL to REGISTER on 11/28 

   
 
 Discount Begins On Friday, November 28th and ends at Midnight!


12 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be out tomorrow morning at tim's for whatever distance.

Olwyn said...

I'm planning on being at Tim's at 8am for a 6k or so; and I'll be wearing about 10 layers of clothing....

debbie said...

Lookin' good, Val and Barb!

I plan to be out for 5-6 km, and will be competing with Olwyn for number of layers of clothing!

Joan said...

Hi All, I will not be able to join you on Saturday, I am in South of France visiting my good friends and their and their wonderful children! We are going to a market in Figeac for coffee and croissants, see you next week to walk off all my sins!!!

Libby said...

Arlene and i will be out for a potential trudge through snow???

Eileen said...

I won't be out Saturday. Have a good walk everyone

Trish said...

I won't be out in the morning and it has nothing to do with the weather report! I am helping host a full Christmas dinner for 35 people at my mom's condo. Have a good walk everyone.

Helen said...

Neither rain nor sleet nor hail nor snow will prevent me from coming out on Saturday for an as-yet unspecified distance. Ice, I might have problems with. Fingers crossed for walkable weather.

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know that I won't be out Monday night (board meeting) or Wednesday (Doc Soup).

See you next Saturday.

Susan

Helen said...

Anyone walking on Monday? We're good to go if we have company.

Anonymous said...

I guess I can't come up with a good reason not to, see you at Loblaws at 7
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight
Leverne