Thursday 23 October 2014

Walks - Sat. Oct. 25 - Wed. Oct. 29

 Norma's reflection on glass
Join us on Saturday at 8:00 at Tim's. Distances suggested are 6 km or 10-12 km, whatever suits you. Mid week walks are Monday & Wednesday for those so inclined. Monday is election day - and I suspect few will be out in the evening.
 
Kudos to our Scotia Bank walkers for a race well done by all. Bob streaked in just behind Lee Scott with a time of 2:30!. Helen finished her second half marathon in two weeks with a time under 3 hours- 2:57. Trish and Cheryl followed with their BEST times this year of 3:20. Superb job all on a blustery Sunday!. We look forward to seeing those medals!
 
I know some of you are vacationing - enjoy and travel safely....and some of you are heading back home. We look forward to hearing your travel stories!
 
Announcements: from Libby: Please start thinking of races you would like to do next year. There are marathons and half’s all across the North America and the globe. Just chose a spot! Rainer will be talking races at the year-end party so please let us all know your thoughts!
Any takers for the Resolution Run December 28th...also the Santa Shuffle December 13th- especially those with Santa Suits already!
Reminder - The Shore Thing year end gathering is Nov. 1st. We hope you will attend and bring along one of your favourite pot-luck dishes.
See you Saturday.
 

13 comments:

Sharon KJ said...

As long as the weather holds up, I should be out tomorrow morning.

Congratulations to all the racers. Job well done!

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I will be out tomorrow for 6k (ish) as long as I can get a ride and the weather is reasonable. Congrats on a job well done racers!
Alexis

Helen said...

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday – 8K sounds like a good number to me.

Ruth said...

I'll be there tomorrow. I'm really liking this "late" start.

Ruth

Lou-Ann said...

I will be out tomorrow for whatever we do, it has been too long for me...congrats to all!

Trish said...

If I wake up without setting the alarm I will be out tomorrow. My distance of choice is a whopping 6K.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there at 8:00 am.
Been a hard week for Canada and it will be good to get some fresh air.
Susan

Olwyn said...

I just got in from work, so like Trish, if I wake up without the alarm, I'll come out; otherwise I'll be horizontal. Congrats to all the racers from last weekend; well done!

Jan said...

Anybody walking tonight? or waiting for election results/voting????

Anonymous said...

I plan on walking.
Leverne

Helen said...

A short walk on Monday should blow out the cobwebs till the election results start rolling in. I'm in.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to vote first and then head to Loblaws. Don't wait if I'm not there by 7:00 - will depend on the line up at the poll.

Susan

Helen said...

I won't be out on Wednesday night (and you'll find out why on Saturday evening), but Bob might come out if there's company. Anyone else?