Thursday 30 October 2014

Walks - Sat. Nov. 1 - Wed. Nov. 5

 
Olwyn's eye at work again - beautiful
 
It's party time, but before we party, we walk - join us on Sat. at 8:00 am for any distance of your choosing. I'm going to suggest that some might walk 10 km while others aim closer to 6 km - Just do it! Hope to see you there - at Tim's.
 
Week day and evening walks tend to be Monday and Wednesday (evenings at Loblaws on Monday; at Occasions on Wednesday). This week is Doc Soup on Wednesday -so some will not be able to join the walk on Wednesday evening. Let others know if you want to walk Thursday evening instead.
 
Saturday evening is the Shore Things pot luck year end party, beginning at 6:00 pm. A few special volunteers (and we thank you) will set up at 5:00 pm. A special thank you to everyone (and you know who you are) who has been working to make this event another success. A shout out to Lou Ann who organizes the location and the many of the details. What a group we have - such special people! Thank you so much. Looking forward to the celebration....
 
Announcements: from Helen - the calendars and books are in. She will bring them to the year end party. Please make sure you have paid Charlotte for your order prior to picking it up.
 
from Libby - bring along any race ideas for next year....always interested in learning about your suggestions.
 
from Susan - for the record, I've logged 2,050 kms so far in 2014! Surpassed my yearly goal already.
 

Olwyn's selfie - which one is she?


14 comments:

Joan said...

Hi All,
I am in Wales at the moment visiting my Father in law. Have a good time at the party tomorrow night, I will think of you. Susan, very impressive walking, well done. Hope to see you all soon.

Trish said...

I plan to be out in the morning ........unless. Hoping the sunshines or at least it will be dry. I will probably do less than 10 as I haven't walked in a few weeks.

Olwyn said...

Excuse me....those photos have an autumnal theme; and the 'selfie', as you call it, advertises some new walking gear for us!(thanks for posting, Susan!) I may not be out Sat morning, as I'll be working quite late tonight, but really looking forward to seeing everyone at the Shore Things celebration tomorrow! Wear your medals!

Anonymous said...

Will be there at 8( depending on weather!).. if it is snowing I will take a pass and maybe just come for coffee!
Looking forward to seeing everyone in the evening!
Margy

Anonymous said...

I agree with Margy and Trish about the weather. I'll be out tomorrow morning (to walk off some of the pot luck food ahead of time) unless it is pouring.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

me too - but unlikely in the rain. See you tomorrow...morning & night.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tomorrow morning, but will see most of you tomorrow night.

Looking forward to it, see you then,
Sheila

Helen said...

If it's really miserable Saturdsy morning, anyone feel like Sunday morning instead? Either way, see you Saturday night!

Helen said...

Decision made: We're going to skip this morning's walk. Busy day ahead for us. See you tonight.

Anonymous said...

I have to work Monday night and Wednesday night is Doc Soup, so I won't be out this week, it seems.

Susan

Bob said...

I should be okay to walk tonight, but Helen may still be busy. TBC

Anonymous said...

Lynne and Leverne will be out tonight

Jan said...

In case anyone else is thinking of walking tonight we're going to start from Earl Haig

Helen said...

Doc Soup tonight, so I won't be at Occasions. Anyone interested in a walk on Thursday? I have to be finished in time to prep for an 8:30 pm conference call.