Friday 17 October 2014

Walks - Sat. Oct. 18 - Wed. Oct. 22

It's all about the hardware
Scotiabank race is Sunday and I know some of our friends will be picking up their medals (similar to the ones above). Make us proud! We wish you all a good race.
 
Join us Saturday at the civilized hour of 8:00 am for a walk of varying distances - I'm sure some will want to walk 10 kms or so; others a little less. Whatever suits you is fine as long as you come out and walk.
 
Monday and Wednesday walks are at the usual times and locations. Let's get out there folks!
 
Some sad and sobering news this week concerning a few of our gang - our thoughts are with Ian and Barb and also with Libby and her family.
 
Announcements: from Susan - late post - sorry - no power last night! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
 
from Charlotte: Shorethings gathering on Nov. 1st - we need to know if you are planning to attend; we need 4-5 volunteers to help with set up (moving tables, etc) and we need your $10 contribution. Thanks so much.


from Helen: Calendars anyone? Please let her know by yesterday or immediately, whichever! That's my fault because no power last night.

See you Saturday! 

11 comments:

Olwyn said...

Best of luck to all the Scotiabank Walkers! I'll be out Saturday at 8; see you then ~ for a fun 8k!

Olwyn said...

Best of luck to all the Scotiabank Walkers! I'll be out Saturday at 8; see you then ~ for a fun 8k!

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out tomorrow...wishing all the Scotia folks a wonderful day of walking!

Anonymous said...

See someone at 8 I hope.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out Saturday at 8.

Barb Shand

Ruth said...

I'll be there at 8. Good luck, Scotia Walkers - hoping for sun and cool weather.

Anonymous said...

Not able to make it tomorrow...and away until the 27th.

Good luck to the Scotiabank walkers.

See you in a week or so.

Sheila

Helen said...

The rain might let up during our walk window on Monday, but nevertheless I'm going to give my old joints a break for tonight after the race. See you Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

anyone heading out tonight? I suspect not, but will check back in at 6:30.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Leverne and I will not be out tonight.
Lynne

Helen said...

Looks like a beautiful night for a walk. Hope to see you at Occasions at 7.