Thursday 25 September 2014

Walks - Sat. Sept. 27 - Wed. Oct. 1

Beautiful sky
Join us on Saturday - weather should be awesome. Here are the options:
1. The Corning group needs to complete 12 km, starting at 7:30 am. Let's keep them company on their last walk before the big race.
2. Others will meet at 8:00 am for a distance of their choosing.
3. Some Scotia walkers are meeting Sunday at the Brickworks for 20 km - time to be announced on the blog.
Let others know your plans by signing in. Thanks.
 
A few options exist for mid-week walks. Contact Dawn for day time walks. Monday 7:00 pm at Loblaws; Wednesday 7:00 pm at Occasion - but it is also Doc Soup night so please sign in if you plan to walk.
 
Announcements:
from Helen - Yes, it’s my annual plug for the Santa suit race. It’s something that has to be experienced at least once. And I might even register for the Chilly Half this year, as later in spring I’ll be busy with the garden bloggers’ event. Any other takers? Looks like there are early bird rates. 
 
from Libby - A friendly reminder to anyone interested in a race, please let Libby know.  There are very few listed in the Race Interests category. Come on...time to up the walks and do another race!!!
 
 


20 comments:

Trish said...

The Scotia group (Trish, Cheryl, and again possibly Ralph) is doing the Western route but starting at the Rooster on Broadview. We will follow the 18k route and add the extra 2k by walking up to the lookout when we reach Broadview and Danforth. Our departure time will be between 8:15 and 8:30. Let me know if you wish to join us. The more the merrier.

Joan said...

Hi All, I am leaving town tomorrow till Monday, have a great weekend.
I also will be away for the Nov 1 dinner, darn, I miss all the fun.

Libby said...

Lovely photos Susan. Dawn- great shirt...where can I get one?
I plan to be out for 12K Saturday

Sharon KJ said...

I'll come out for 7:30.

SKJ

P Dawn said...

Beautiful photo - the top one, I mean. Libby, I got that shirt in Cleveland a couple of years ago. I could lend it to you but I fear it might be a bit too large!!

I won't be out this Saturday and then I won't be out until last Saturday of October as I will be going to London, England next week. Have good races to all of you who will be dong races, and have fun whatever you are doing, everyone......

Olwyn said...

I'll be up in Cavan tomorrow morning doing the 10k and eating buttertarts...not necessarily in that order...! I'm definately interested in doing the Santa Suit race with Helen; sounds like fun ~ anyone else? Lovely photos, Susan ~

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 7:30 am on Saturday for brisk (or not so brisk) 12 km.

I'll be out Sunday because I want to try Rooster, even if I have to walk 20 kms first!

Susan

Anonymous said...

My daughter Rhianna and I will be a Cavan Hills tomorrow for the 10K. Not as fit as I was this time last year but will do my best!
Frances

Anonymous said...

Lynne and Leverne will be out at 7:30 for 12
Leverne

Lou-Ann said...

One year I will get those butter tarts! I will not be out tomorrow as our church is having a yard sale that I am helping at. Enjoy your walk and if you are up to looking at some yard sale goods come on by! Paul and I are cooking up hamburgers and hotdogs. Enjoy your walks tomorrow as the day is going to be beautiful!

Helen said...

See you at 7:30 for a glorious 12K.

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out after all. Enjoy the day, everyone!

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I'll be out Monday night. Anyone else? hoping for some company...

Won't be out Wednesday - Doc Soup.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I am still in the office, not sure on departure! Will try but do not wait for me if not there at 7.
Frances

Jan said...

I am planning on going out tonight - in fact I thought I had signed in but I must have forgotten to hit "publish"

Anonymous said...

great - I'll be there.

Susan

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Loblaws, too.

Helen said...

I'll be at Doc Soup on Wednesday evening, but if anyone wants to walk in the early morning hours, let me know.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, sound like a broken record...still in the office again! Early morning for me Helen is 5.30 am, not sure that would work for you? I will be there Saturday.
Frances

Helen said...

Frances, 5:30 might be a little *too* early, even for me. But thanks.