Thursday 2 October 2014

Walks Sat. Oct. 4 - Wed. Oct. 8

Earning their butter tarts!
 
Join us Saturday - two start times (this too shall pass) - 7:30 am for the Scotia folks who need to do a mere 16 km. I know they'd like company as they begin to taper. Others will gather at 8:00 am for a distance of their choosing. I understand that many are on vacation or racing, but the rest of us will be pounding the pavement from our Tim's starting point. Sign in so others will know your plans.
 
Monday and Wednesday walks - join the day or the evening groups: distance for the Scotia people is 10 k both days. We can do that!
 
We wish Bob & Helen well at their Corning race. Make us proud!
 
Announcements:
from Rainer - Cavan race - A glorious day in the country .... fantastic weather .... a bigger turnout than last year .... 5 ShoreThings were entered in the 10km walk .... 3 ended up with a medal. Rhianna first female, Frances third female and Rainer first male. Margy did not finish the race as her Ashma acted up and she had to be taken off the course. Fortunately she is alright. Olwyn came in looking happy and needing a well earned butter tart.
 
from Charlotte: reminder of the Christmas pot luck in early November. Please bring your $10 cash contribution on Saturday and give it to Charlotte, our money lady. Greatly appreciated.
 
from Libby:  two December races are garnering lots of interest. Let’s hope we can encourage a large Shore Things showing. Santa suit race- ONLY 5 K. and lots of fun on December 13 in Burlington.
As per Helen’s note last week, she plans to register for the Chilly Half as well with a discount for early registration and the two races! Registration cost depends on whether a Santa Suit is required! www.santa5k.ca
Resolution Run- December 28th. This year is the 30th anniversary. Another short 5K! Registration is $45 with a Great Jacket in Shore Things colours. see the link on the web. Jackets will be in Running Room stores in October to try on. www.resolutionrun.ca
See you Saturday. Enjoy Italy, Jan. Enjoy Britain, Dawn.

 
 
 

 


19 comments:

Trish said...

Cheryl, Ralph????, and I will be doing the 16k at 7:30. Fingers crossed for good weather. Our play is to do the western route in reverse.
Good luck to the Corning group. Have a great race.

Anonymous said...

I'm not able to make it tomorrow, see you next time.
Sheila

Helen said...

Thanks for your good wishes, Shore Things! Hoping the rain stays away for us all. Cheers, dears!

Joan said...

Not sure if I will make it, have a late night tonight. If I get there I will be the 8am leisure walk, hahaha.
Good luck gang with all the doings this weekend, hope to see you next week.

Olwyn said...

Like Joan, I have a late night tonight, so probably won't be out in the morning. Best of everything to Helen and Bob at the Corning; and bon voyage to Jan and Dawn, in your travels!

Lou-Ann said...

Wishing all the racers the best for a fun race and for the travellers, have a wonderful trip. I won't be out tomorrow as I am going to Niagara on the Lake and doing a "wine bike tour". We are hopeful for no rain as well.

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tomorrow either as I have a wedding to go to and need the time to make myself presentable! Good luck Helen & Bob, fingers crossed for your weather on Sunday.
Lynne

Libby said...

I will not be out tomorrow due to another commitment. Best of luck to the racers and travellers. Look forward to hearing the tales of the adventures

Anonymous said...

Frances and I will be out, will post later whether at 7:30 or 8:00
Leverne

Anonymous said...

Frances and Leverne will be out at 8

Anonymous said...

Likely 8:00 am for me too.
Sounds like we'll be a small group this weekend.
Susan

Helen said...

We walked our butts off yesterday, so will be taking a break on Monday evening. (Plus, I'll be at Harbourfront giving a presentation on bulb planting.) Thanks for all your good wishes, Corning was a fun weekend. Hope to see you on Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Anyone walking Monday night? I can be there if there is company.

Will check until 6:30 pm

Ssuan

Anonymous said...

not coming

Susan

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I hope to walk Wednesday night (assuming I'm back in time - will sign in when home). However, have a funeral to attend - not sure on timing. Anyone else?

Susan

Anonymous said...

Lynne, Frances and I are walking tomorrow (Thurs), so if anyone wants to join us, send a message.
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob and I will join the Thursday evening group this week -- an extra day of healing after the race.

Anonymous said...

ok - I won't be out tonight.

Susan