Friday 19 September 2014

Walks - Sat. Sept. 20 - Wed. Sept. 24

 
Join us Saturday for the distance of your choosing:
Training distance is 16K for Corning and 18K for Scotia....heading out at 7:30 am. If you'd like a shorter distance, meet at 8:00 am. Both groups heading out from Tim's.
 
Scotia is only 80% sold out! There is a separate walking division and a wonderful medal highlighting Ed’s Warehouse! Anyone else tempted?
 
Weekday walks have several options. Let others know your intentions on the blog.
 
Announcements:
from Libby: One last plug for Rainer’s favorite Cavan (a.k.a. “Butter Tart” race)10K. register through www.runningroom.com or cavanhillsrun@nexicom.net. It is a mere $35.00 with a 9a.m. walker start.
from Dawn & Lou Ann - 9th Annual pot luck dinner, believe it or not....
Sat. Nov 1st. (only available date at church location).
Asking for $10 contribution per person to pay for the facilities and if there is any left, we will add it to the Shore Things account. Charlotte, our money person, will be collecting names and money from people starting soon.
 
The dinner will start at 6.00 pm as usual, and closer to the time Lou-Ann will be looking for volunteers to set up and clean up afterwards. This is alway a fun event and the food is amazing, as I'm sure you will all agree.
from Helen: Any interest in the Rome marathon? Check this out:
The Coliseum is the starting point for the Rome Marathon! This event is walker friendly with a 7 hour time limit. Sherry Monahan is organizing a trip with Pauwels Travel Bureau. The tour includes art, architecture, culture and history in Rome and Florence - and the marathon. www.pauwelstravel.com
 

See you Saturday.
 
 


23 comments:

Ruth said...

Olwyn, you so belong in Hollywood, but we need you here more. Please come home.

I'll be out at 7:30 tomorrow for a long walk.

Ruth

debbie said...

Olwyn, I've always thought you're so pretty you belong in Hollywood!

I'll be out Saturday at 8 am for 6-8 km.

Olwyn said...

Well, thanks guys! I was going to go for a 5k, but instead I got a botox injection and ate a raw carrot (kidding...but our neice's wedding was lovely!) I'll be out in the morning at 8am for a 6k, see you all then!

Anonymous said...

I'm in Quebec until Wednesday, so won't out. See you next Saturday.

Enjoy your walk wherever you are, Hollywood North or South.
Sheila

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Tim's at 7:30 on Saturday, for 16K. Looks like we might get a reprise of summer weather, so don't overdress. See you tomorrow.

Lou-Ann said...

I will be out at 8:00 for whatever the distance I do. Wow that Rome walk is interesting, never been there before, as well as many, many other placed! Sunshine keep shining!

P Dawn said...

I hope to be at Tim's at 8.00 for a yet to be determined distance.

Libby said...

I'll be out at 7:30 for a longish distance TBD

Anonymous said...

I'll be in Hollywood north for 7:30 - supporting our training teams.

And, yes, Rome race does have a certain appeal.

See you then.

Susan

Jan said...

I'll be out at 7:30 for a longish walk - don't know whether i'll do the whole 16k or not - may turn around at 12ish.

Re Rome - maybe I'll just stay there and train....

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tomorrow as I am presently at a friends cottage.
Lynne

Trish said...

Aren't there 7 hills around Rome?
I will be out tomorrow morning at 7:30 with Cheryl and possibly Ralph for a quick 18k. Thinking of adding 2k to last weeks lovely westward route.

Sharon KJ said...

I'll be out tomorrow at 7:30. I'll bring Barb along.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I'll be out for 7:30, for 10ish or a little more.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I have a bit of a back problem since I got up this morning, nothing too serious but I am not going to risk it tonight (Monday).

Frances

Helen said...

Unfortunately, I once again find I cannot be in two places at once. I'll be at the TPL listening to Caitlin Moran this evening. However, I believe my other half will be representing us both.

Jan said...

I'll be out tonight with Bob - anybody else?? If not we'll walk from here.

Anonymous said...

Leverne and I plan on walking tonight too.

Lynne

Jan said...

OK see you at loblaws

Anonymous said...

I am going to be able to leave the office early today so will take my walk in the sunshine this afternoon instead of 7 pm. Frances

Anonymous said...

I plan on being at occasions tonight for 7pm

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from Leverne

Anonymous said...

Can't think of a good reason not to walk so I'll be there too.
Lynne