Thursday 7 August 2014

Walks - Sat. Aug. 9 - Wed. Aug. 13

Another celebration - Congrats John, Eileen, Kendra & Luc
Lots of reasons to celebrate but there is something very special about weddings!  
 
Saturday brings some a distance challenge so I'm going to suggest a 7:00 am start time and lace up your runners ("walkers"?): New Albany - 18K, Corning - 16K and Scotia plus Midsummer's should complete 12K.  If you are doing 10 or less, start at 8:00 am and then we might meet up for coffee. Sign in to let others know your plans. I suspect there are several still away this weekend.
 
Weekday distances: Monday is 8K for all. Wednesday should be 10K for New Albany, 8 and 5 respectively for the other two. But we're all friends, so lets keep those training company. It really helps. Mid-week locations are a bit scattered, especially over the summer, so again, please let others know your plans. I am one of the few who still needs evening walks and I'd love company.
 
Hiking - any interest? Speak to Susan. She needs to get some hikes in - cross training! Below: Sharon & Patty at the Badlands. Tempting, n'est pas?

 
Announcements from Libby
Running First has advertised the Collingwood Half and 10K race October 4th. Downhill and Fast!. Fall colours may be an enticement.  Let Libby know if you are interested in this race or any others - will add to blog in due course.
 
from all of us:  Hope you are feeling better, Helen. We look forward to your return!
 
Dianne and Joan - I know you are out there!  Don't be shy. ... Join us.

 

 
 
 


28 comments:

Ruth said...

The Shore Things definitely make beautful mothers of brides and grooms.

Sigh. 18K. Sigh. 7:00. I'll be out tomorrow at 7.

Ruth

debbie said...

Congratulations, Eileen. Everyone looks lovely!

I'll be out tomorrow at 8 am for 6 to 8 km.

Anonymous said...

HI Everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a relaxing summer! I'm back in the city but won't be joining you until next week. I'm
hoping to see you Monday at 7 pm)
Enjoy the weekend! Alexis

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 8.00 walking with Debbie.

Dawn

Trish said...

Cheryl, Eileen, Trish and Cynthia are splitting the difference and doing 12k (the spit) at 7:30 if anyone would like to join us.

Libby said...

I am not too keen on a 7:00am start...Hopefully I will plan to join the 7:30 crowd for 12K or whatever!
Rainer wants to remind us of price increase in two days for the Cleveland Marathon/Half/10K next May.

Charlotte S said...

I will be out tomorrow at 8:00 walking with Debbie & Dawn.

Lou-Ann said...

What a beautiful bride and groom and family Eileen picture! I will not be out on Saturday, having a date day with my husband!

Sharon KJ said...

Eileen, our newly weds will be celebrating their second anniversary, already. A whole two weeks!

Seven a.m. is a tad early. I'll be there for 7:30.

SKJ

Sharon KJ said...

Eileen, our newly weds will be celebrating their second anniversary, already. A whole two weeks!

Seven a.m. is a tad early. I'll be there for 7:30.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit surprised that only one has jumped at my suggestion of 7:00 am start....so, I guess I was just a little too ambitious. But, I was only thinking of the heat and the distance....how silly of me.

I'll aim for 7:30 too.

I hope others check the blog.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I can't make it tomorrow, I'll be working.

What a beautiful family Eileen, congratulations!

Val

Ruth said...

OK, Arlene and I will be there at 7:30 - though we'll still be doing 18K :-(

We will not be swayed the thought of all the wonderful company we might have had if we only did 12K.

Ruth

Jan said...

7:30 sounds much better than 7:00 - see somebody then but I don't want to do 18 - maybe 12-14????

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to go for 8 and I'll do whatever distance others are doing.
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I got up early so I'm joining the 7:30 group.
Leverne

Olwyn said...

Beautiful wedding photo Eileen; you all look so happy! I'm back at work but won't be out until Saturday; and I'm wondering who else is doing the Midsummer's 15k on Saturday night? Hope to see everyone soon!

Stacey said...

I've just gotten back into town and back to work, so I'm not sure I'll make the evening walks this week. I'm doing the Midummer's 15K on Saturday night! Do you want to carpool, Olwyn?

Anonymous said...

Leverne and I are going out for an early evening walk tonight (Monday). Leaving from Leverne house at 5.15 pm if want to join us. Frances

Jan said...

Anyone walking tonight? That is unless the rain starts...

Anonymous said...

I'll walk Jan....

Susan

Jan said...

OK meet you at 7 at Loblaws

Anonymous said...

perfect. Anyone else?

Susan

Eileen said...

Is anyone walking Wed night from Occasions?

Jan said...

I am planning to and I think Bob and Susan are too.

Jan said...

All of a sudden the weather is looking a bit iffy....just a few droplets of rain but the sky looks forbidding....

Jan said...

All of a sudden the weather is looking a bit iffy....just a few droplets of rain but the sky looks forbidding....

Eileen said...

I think I'll do a workout at home tonight. Don't feel like having a game of chicken with the weather