Friday 1 August 2014

Walks - Sat. Aug. 2 - Wed. Aug. 6

Celebrations galore - recognize Sharon, Miko, and Patrick (end-right side)?
It was a busy week for celebrating weddings last week and I neglected to mention Miko's wedding in my last blog so here's she is, looking beautiful and happy. Congratulations to Sharon and her family. One down; one to go!
 
Walks - Sat. - I suggest 7:30 am for those doing over 10 k and 8:00 am for those doing less. Sign in so others know. I think many are away this weekend.
Monday - I suggest 8:00 am at Tim's 2. Sign in if you plan to come.
Wednesday - Occasions at 7:00 pm
 
Training This week is 16 (New Albany) 14 (Corning) and 12k (Scotia). Weekday distance requirements are 8 and 8 for NA, 6 and 6 for C and 8 and 6 for Scotia.
Cross training - a few of us (Susan, Dawn, Sharon) plan to hike a section of the Bruce Trail in Caledon on Sunday. It is an organized hike. It is for the cross training benefit that we do this! Any interest? 
 
Announcements from Libby:
Sign up has opened for GoodLife Marathon and Half - Sun. May 3, 2015. They have a relay option and maybe a group of us could consider this...the T-shirts for this race are very flattering! I'm sure that will appeal to Bob & Rainer & Jim!
 
From Lou-Ann - pool party coming soon - save Aug. 23rd.
 
More wedding pictures next week - we didn't forget Eileen & John's son's celebration.
 
Congratulations to all the happy families and their celebrations.

 


19 comments:

debbie said...

Sharon, congratulations to you, Miko and Patrick - Miko looks radiant and gorgeous. and I love her and your dresses!

I wish the newlyweds all the best!

I plan to be out tomorrow at 8 am for 6-7 km.

Olwyn said...

Great photos and congrats to Sharon, Miko and Patrick! I'm away for the weekend, but may be out on Monday, depending on the time and location. Have a great long weekend everyone!

Charlotte S said...

I will be out tomorrow at 8 for 6-7k.

What a good looking group of people, Sharon! Congrats to all.

Trish said...

Cheryl, Ralph and I have officially committed to Scotiabank. I will be out tomorrow morning at 7:30 for 12k. Bringing Dawn and possibly Cheryl with me, though Dawn has not yet committed to her distance!

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at 7:30 looking for great and inspiring company for 12 or more.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Leverne and I will be at Tim's for 8.00 am. Frances

P Dawn said...

ill be put at at 7.30. and as there is not likely to be anyone walking at my pace, I'll just do my own thing. And I'm pretty certain it won't be 12k if I have to eve myself for a Sunday hike.

Don't know about Monday.

Anonymous said...

Thank you one and all for your warm wishes.

I'll be out at 7:30 for 12 KM. Dawn, you'll have company as Barb is coming with me but only doing 6 km or so.

SKJ

Lou-Ann said...

I won`t be out this weekend as have family staying at our house till Monday and hosting a family re-union Sunday (better not rain!!!!!!!!!) Enjoy your walks all and look forward to seeing another time!

Anonymous said...

I'm in beautiful Muskoka, won't be threre tomorrow morning.
Have a great walk!

Val

Libby said...

Arlene and I plan to be there by 7:30 wonderful pics Sharon...many congrats to the family

Libby said...

Arlene and I plan to be there by 7:30 wonderful pics Sharon...many congrats to the family

Joan said...

Not coming now, walk well.

Eileen said...

I'm interested in the Monday morning walk at Tim's #2 for 8:00
Congratulations Sharon. Looking forward to trading stories

Trish said...

I will be out Monday morning. See you at Tim's 2.

Anonymous said...

I'll be out at Tim's 2 on Monday at 8:00 am....see you there

Susan

Ruth said...

I'll be out Monday morning.
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to this morning's walk. My sister is coming in from Oshawa to walk with us. We will try to be there on time. If we are not there by 8, would the group wait about 5 extra minutes for us, please? Many thanks.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

Wednesday evening - anyone walking tonight? I'll check at 6:30 again. If no response, will walk from home.

Susan