Thursday 24 July 2014

Walks - Sat. July 26 - Wed. July 30th

Sugar Beach
Join us on Saturday for walks of various distances. If you are doing 10 or more, let's meet at 7:30 am. If doing less, perhaps a more civilized 8:00 am start would suit you. Sign in so others know your plans. I think many are away this weekend (weddings, vacations, sleeping in, etc.) - however, please join us if you are enjoying your weekend here in the city.
 
Training for three Half Marathons is underway: New Albany, Corning Wineglass, and Scotia Bank. Distances are as follows: New Albany and Corning walkers - 12K. Scotiabank - 8 K on Saturday.
Monday and Wednesday are 8 and 6 respectively.
Beaches Jazz Tune Up race  is this Sunday for those wishing some local challenge - 20, 10 and 5 K with respectable starts of 8:15, 9 and 9:30 from Kew Gardens. Come & enjoy the Jazz festival after the race.
 
I think a few are meeting Sunday morning at 9:00 at the Brickworks. Interested?  Sign the blog.
 
Announcements:
Eileen & John are celebrating their son's wedding this weekend.
Eva is celebrating the birth of a granddaughter - both events are special indeed.
And, our long last walker buddy, Dianne, is avoiding us but training hard for the Chicago marathon (my favourite of all). Come and join us sometime, Dianne - you are always welcome. Great to see you pounding the pavement last Sunday.
 
Susan

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post made me laugh, Susan! Thanks for not forgetting about me and I haven't been avoiding you lol! Just so much walking and so little time... I'm doing the Jazz Festival 20 km this weekend and I was hoping I might see some of the Shore Things there too. And if you doubt that Libby will vouch for me on Tuesdays, I hope Helen, Bob and Arlene might. Hope to see you soon,
Dianne

Jan said...

If any of you go down to the Beaches Jazz festival my son Alan is playing at the east end by the Beaches Cafe FRI and Sat nights

Ruth said...

Congratulations to both Eileen and Eva.

I won't be out tomorrow - another classroom day. See you all next week.

Ruth

P Dawn said...

Congrats to Eva and Eileen and also to Sharon whose daughter, Miko, is getting married this weekend/ Hope all goes well for all.

I won't be joining you on Saturday as I will be out of town.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Libby said...

Congrats to Eileen, Eva and Sharon on their happy events. We will think of you as we walk.
I would be happy to do 10k with anyone who deems to show up! The weather gods propose rain but let's hope they are wrong.
7:30 at Tim's...I will check the blog.
I can vouch for Dianne who is walking miles in preparation for Chicago...just not with us. AND she leaves for South Africa for two weeks...look forward to hearing about her adventures when she returns

Charlotte S said...

Any takers for 6-8k starting at 8am?

Anonymous said...

I hope to come out for 6-8k at 8am, provided it's not raining.
Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

Charlotte, I'll join you at 8:00 for 8km...see you then,
Sheila

debbie said...

I'll be out at 8 am for 6-8 km.

Anonymous said...

I can do 7:30 and 10 k or more...Libby and any others who are so inclined...likely at a slower pace than you!

and yes, happy celebrations to all.

Susan

Trish said...

Cheryl and I are planning on 10-12k from Brickworks Sunday morning - weather permitting. If you would like to join us, send me an email. 9:00ish.

Anonymous said...

8 am sounds good for a shorter walk,

Val

Anonymous said...

8 am for the shorter walk works for us!
Margy and Rainer

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations on our group milestones! I won't be around this week, but hope to be back for Saturday mornings walk. Enjoy, see you soon.
Leverne

Jan said...

Anybody planning on walking tonight?? I hope too if I can get home in time.

Anonymous said...

Jan & I are walking at 7:00 pm from Loblaws. Anyone else?

Susan

Anonymous said...

I need to come out and walk too. Hopefully I can keep up! See you at 7pm.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Is anyone walking Wednesday night? I can be there if there is company.

Susan

Anonymous said...

walking from home tonight....

Susan